Springs for a smooth ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 17, RCSB that I have tying to lower for easy cab access. I was trying to keep as good a ride as possible. I found these springs that I really like after several failures.
https://www.suspensionsuperstore.co...2wd-4wd-premium-2-rear-lowering-coils-272920/
The are only a 2" lowering spring but have several tightly wound coils at the top allowing a fair amount of cutting without affecting the ride.
I have no interest in the company just hope this helps someone looking for the same outcome.
The ride is as good or better that the factory spring.
I have 4600 Bilsteins as well.

isaidme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just lowered mine 2" the back for the same reason and I really like the ride im getting out of the McGaughty springs I used.

thade

Reaction score
@Texjim, what amount of drop did you get from those springs, and did yours settle any later if you don't mind me asking.
I installed a set expecting at least a 1.5" drop, but barely got 1". I initially wanted to return them until I drove it. In my case the ride is a considerable amount better than factory so I figure I'll keep them and try to trim them a bit.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at those today, they say they give a 1.5 drop on reg cabs. Currently i have the mcgaughy 44055 and the passenger side is about 3/4 an inch higher, driver side is about where i want it. Torn between getting those springs you linked to or putting stock back on

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Texjim, got any pics, would love to see how it turned out on your ride

OP
OP
T

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wil post some pics tomorrow in the daylight. I cut one coil as instructed and it rides good. It is about 2 inches lower than stock and rides better. The bilsteins helped a lot as well.

thade

Reaction score
IIRC mine dropped 3/4", and I ended up cutting off one coil as well which dropped it another 1/2". I'm starting to wonder if they sprinkled pixie dust on the tail end of my ram at the factory to lighten it up.
As per my usual luck though, I noticed the belltech 2/4 kit rebate offer shortly after I started this endeavor. I'll be starting over and taking another route.

Hemi~D

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 rcsb black ram edition
Engine
You guys should go with Inez hot rodz suspension kits, they retain factory springs and shocks plus your front wheels will not lean and stick out past your wheel wells... these kits also help maintain the correct pinion angle for your rear end. (Vital) or the death wobble begins...!

Expensive but worth it, unless you like replaceing hubs, spindles and other major parts depending on how much you guys cut off of those springs.

thade

Reaction score
All I've seen of their stuff is lower than I'm interested in going. I did find a post about a set of their upper control arms that someone used with a 2/4 drop to correct the alignment. I am interested in a set of those, but only a facebook page for a business website is a joke.

EDIT
Had trouble reaching them by phone for a couple days, but finally got through and got a pair ordered.

Last edited:

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
maintain the correct pinion angle for your rear end. (Vital) or the death wobble begins...!

Expensive but worth it, unless you like replaceing hubs, spindles and other major parts depending on how much you guys cut off of those springs.

Will the death wobble/hubs/spindles things happen if just install these 2" drop springs on my 2014 SLT Quad?

OP
OP
T

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No death wobble on mine but it is independant so I would not expect any.