stalling help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhnlesch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hi i have a 1994 with a 5.2 ram 1500 with a 5 speed transmission 4x2. every time i come to a stop my truck stalls every time. im thinking a vaccum leak ? but not sure. it only has 45k on it ( with a lot of rust lol ) . there is a check engine light and i got a code 1-2 ( battery disconnect for more then 20secs in last 50 starts ) . i cleaned the battery terminals and it did not help. wire looks good no gfs ( green fuzzy stuff ) this is driving me crazy pleas help thanks.

OP
OP
J

jhnlesch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well the speedo dont work but other then that nothing eles just stalls when im coming to a stop . i would say anything under 20 mph ( like when you make a turn or are coming up to a stop light ) and i hit the brakes theres like a 98% chance it stalls

OP
OP
J

jhnlesch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no its a obd1 car i get the flash codes i looked it up online nd it said battery disconnect . i saw this code can come up on trucks that just sit alot or new trucks ( way back in 1994 ) . i have to turn the car on off on off on and then the check engine light blinks and i got 1 blink stop 2 blinks then 5 blink stop 5 blink. the 5 and 5 is just a ending (no more codes) at least that was what the web page that i fund said . and thanks for the welcome : )

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Welcome aboard. Do you have a hard time starting it back up after it dies or does it just fire right up? When you say it stalls, do you mean it just shuts off like you turned the key or it sputters like its losing fuel?

You can use carb/throttle body cleaner to check for vacuum leaks too

OP
OP
J

jhnlesch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nope just dies like the key was taking out. heck some time i dont feel it shut off and i hit the gas and nothing happens lol.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
And it only does it when driving and you start slowing down? Would it do it if you were in neutral and revved it up and let it idle down on its own?

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like a bad connection, clean the **** out of your terminals, if thatvdoesnt help have your alternator tested. Make sure those connections are tight. I'll bet you a shot your alternators going.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
Will it just sit an run or do you have to stay on gas ..??? Throttle positioning sensor ..air idle control valve ..bad ground

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Or... what about a plugged up throttle body? Might need to thoroughly clean it out. That could cause a fuel shortage.

If not that then I would guess a bad battery or bad/loose connection somewhere.

OP
OP
J

jhnlesch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the truck will stay going at a stop .but when you are slowing down it stalls out . and when if you rev it it dose come back on it own .