Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeb1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello I’m new here. I got a major problem with my 2016 ram 1500 5.7. I hope someone can help. So my oil dipstick tube broke and oil sprayed out onto some electrical connections. low voltage light came on then low oil pressure then truck cut off and will not crank or start. I cleaned all the connections I could see oil on changed starter checked all fuses and it still won’t start. The only code is low voltage. The dash says 8 volts but battery says 12.84 with multi meter. I tried jump starting got nothing tried “tapping the starter” still don’t work tried bypassing the starter and still no start. Can anyone help? Is there something more I can do

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
How did you try to bypass the starter? Sounds like a bad ground possibly, you didn't seize the engine did you? I'm Somewhat curious how one breaks the dipstick while driving. :893karatesmiley-thu

OP
OP
J

Joeb1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How would one know if the engine was seized? It’s the tube that holds the dipstick and a pothole did the damage I assume. Bypass the solenoid relay is what I meant