Stalling @ red lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eduardo521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Good evening,
I've owned my 2014 Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel for about a year now. I've noticed recently that while in drive with my foot on the brake, the RPMs drop for a second or two and then come right back up. I noticed this around November 2022. Today, on my way home from work, it started doing it again. Now, it doesn't do it everyday, just every once in a while and, it has never stalled, until today. I was stopped at a red light and the RPMs dropped for a second or two and I was expecting it to rev back up, but it didn't. It shut down. It started right up and I went on my way. At another light, it did it again and completely shut down. There was not any warning lights that came on prior, during and after this happened. What could be the issue? I just had it serviced in March of this year, new diesel fuel about 5 days ago. I've experienced the RPM drop, but it never stalled before. Curious.

OP
OP
Eduardo521

Eduardo521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Serviced in March 2023. I'll check it later today, but I think they check it when it gets serviced.