Started a case with RAM today - lemon law??

Do your heated seats stay on

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That may be so - but during my consultation, they said it sounds like we actually had a good case. They did say it takes "several" days to review everything. So, I'm sure like every other legal proceeding, it's a very slow process. I'm still hopeful for a positive outcome - but after seeing what Glucas was told, I don't have high hopes. But I do hope FCA / RAM sees this thread and understand they're are going to lose customers over this type of treatment to the customer. I know we're not going to make them go out of business by going elsewhere - but maybe they will look into doing things a bit differently in the future.

I would think having a lawyer, who knows the system, is very different from an arbitration hearing.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
... Given that he hasn’t heard back on if the lawyer will take the case I would take to mean the case isn’t very strong. If it was a strong case they would have been all over it already. .

^ Yep, his concerns with the seats do not meet the lemon law criteria in Florida so no case.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Yep, his concerns with the seats do not fall under the lemon law rules in Florida so no case.

How do you figure? So if I were to sell you this truck but told you upfront the heated seats sometimes work and sometimes they don't, that wouldn't make you try to get the truck for a lesser price or DEVALUE the truck in your eyes? Or how about if I told you they are turning off prematurely because the safety mechanism is shutting them down so they don't burn up the wiring. So that's not a safety issue in your eyes? Right there meets two of the qualifications to be a lemon in Florida. But I'm open to hear your mindset on it..

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Let me spell it out for you. You even posted this yourself

First line from the Florida lemon law, right out of the books

"The vehicle defect or condition must "substantially impair the use, value, or safety" of the vehicle."

#1 - The seats do NOT substantially impair the use of the vehicle
#2 - The seats do NOT substantially impair the value of the truck (heated seats are a $550 option so hardly a substantial amount of money)
#3 - It is NOT a safety issue. Seats shutting off when they get hot is a safety "feature". If they did not shut off and caused a fire that would be a safety "issue"

The is NO lemon law case here.

Honestly had you not pulled the "I'm going to lemon law it" with the dealer on your very first visit you may have got more traction with them. Instead you played that card and they played theirs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me spell it out for you. You even posted this yourself

First line from the Florida lemon law, right out of the books

"The vehicle defect or condition must "substantially impair the use, value, or safety" of the vehicle."

#1 - The seats do NOT substantially impair the use of the vehicle
#2 - The seats do NOT substantially impair the value of the truck (heated seats are a $550 option so hardly a substantial amount of money)
#3 - It is NOT a safety issue. Seats shutting off when they get hot is a safety "feature". If they did not shut off and caused a fire that would be a safety "issue"

The is NO lemon law case here.

Honestly had you not pulled the "I'm going to lemon law it" with the dealer on your very first visit you may have got more traction with them. Instead you played that card and they played theirs.

I disagree with your opinion. I also did not immediately "play the lemon law card" with my dealer as you seem to think. After the 2nd repair attempt / service visit, they are actually the ones who suggested I begin looking at the lemon law for it. So there's that..

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I disagree with your opinion. I also did not immediately "play the lemon law card" with my dealer as you seem to think. After the 2nd repair attempt / service visit, they are actually the ones who suggested I begin looking at the lemon law for it. So there's that..

You should change the title to the tread to; pessimists need NOT apply!

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok, I finally tested my seats & cast my vote in the poll (vote # 28).
The outcome is my truck is a danger to me and everything around it because my overheat protection circuit did not work, my seats both stayed on:D. I had to turn the driver seat off after about 12 minutes because it was too hot with the evening temp being a humid 75 deg out. it remained on high for that 12 minutes. The passenger seat remained on high for the entire 20 minute ride. I have the heat only cloth seats.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The outcome is my truck is a danger to me and everything around it because my overheat protection circuit did not work, my seats both stayed on:D. I had to turn the driver seat off after about 12 minutes because it was too hot with the evening temp being a humid 75 deg out. it remained on high for that 12 minutes. The passenger seat remained on high for the entire 20 minute ride. I have the heat only cloth seats.
Was anyone in the passenger seat when you tested yours?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Leather heated/cooled seats or cloth/heated?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Was anyone in the passenger seat when you tested yours?
Only my lunch cooler but I did feel the seat a few times during the ride & it was warm. I guess the going consensus is that it's mostly a 2018 issue so this is in line with that with mine being s 17.

Also I do recall my wife using it last winter without complaint.

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought my 18 Bighorn ED last week and noticed a difference from my 15 2500 (they were HOT in the 2015 and never shut themselves off or went to low).

On my new 18 Driver seat works and will get warm on HI (wouldn't go straight to HOT) Passenger seat was on HI as well with my wife sitting in the seat. The passenger seat never came off HI but the driver seat kept turning itself to LOW no matter how many times I would cycle them on or off. They definitely changed something with the way the heated seats work or operate from 2015.

I also have issues with my Homelink working intermittently. I have had to program/re-program my garage door openers 4-5 times now since I bought it.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 18 Bighorn ED last week and noticed a difference from my 15 2500 (they were HOT in the 2015 and never shut themselves off or went to low).

On my new 18 Driver seat works and will get warm on HI (wouldn't go straight to HOT) Passenger seat was on HI as well with my wife sitting in the seat. The passenger seat never came off HI but the driver seat kept turning itself to LOW no matter how many times I would cycle them on or off. They definitely changed something with the way the heated seats work or operate from 2015.

I also have issues with my Homelink working intermittently. I have had to program/re-program my garage door openers 4-5 times now since I bought it.
It seems to be just in the 2018 models that are having the issue. If your seat is turning off after just a few minutes then you too have a problem..