Steering Ground Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if anyone received this but there is a steering ground recall letter I received from FCA. I don’t have the letter with me but, it says there is a ground issue with the steering system. This can cause loss of steering if not fixed. I’ll call the dealer soon to schedule an appointment

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I got that letter. I checked the connection on mine just to be safe and it is tight so I will try to set up the svc. appointment to coincide with one of my free oil changes

OP
OP
H

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got that letter. I checked the connection on mine just to be safe and it is tight so I will try to set up the svc. appointment to coincide with one of my free oil changes
So it's just the ground cable to the battery and chassis?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate people posting stuff like this, but can anyone just do a quick look first to see if it's already been posted?
[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/gmc99sierra/media/123_zpsafw44nyx.png.html][/URL]

Three threads right below this one about the exact same thing, and this is in a low traffic area. Not trying to single you out, just can't help but notice this and find it unnecessary. Same with the daily new thread about 'what tonneau cover to get' over in the exterior section, there's already a bajillion unneccessary threads about that as well yet seems like everyday there's a new one and if the person just looked for prior threads, they could avoid making yet another one.

OP
OP
H

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate people posting stuff like this, but can anyone just do a quick look first to see if it's already been posted?

Three threads right below this one about the exact same thing, and this is in a low traffic area. Not trying to single you out, just can't help but notice this and find it unnecessary. Same with the daily new thread about 'what tonneau cover to get' over in the exterior section, there's already a bajillion unneccessary threads about that as well yet seems like everyday there's a new one and if the person just looked for prior threads, they could avoid making yet another one.
Agree, MOD please delete. I just got the Tyger cover from amazon and it works and fits great! Also got extension cargo bar from Harbor Freight over the weekend and now I have an extremely big trunk! LOL

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree, MOD please delete. I just got the Tyger cover from amazon and it works and fits great! Also got extension cargo bar from Harbor Freight over the weekend and now I have an extremely big trunk! LOL

Oh very nice! I've had good luck with Tyger, have had mine for about 3-4 years now and have been very satisfied with it. Is that the cargo bar that fold outs onto the tailgate (while the tailgate is down)? Those look pretty handy, I've never had one but seems like a good way to make the bed longer and still hold everything in.

OP
OP
H

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi