Steering shaft seal doesn't fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makrop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I have tried two different seal kits and both of them are too big... all the parts places only list the one size and they haven't been working. The previous owner must have replaced at some point with something weird. Here is a picture of the seal and the numbers that were written on it. Any ideas what this is and where I can find a replacement? Or else I'll have to just replace the whole box.8a9375d1c41f4d666dc1e25f5d4389a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

makrop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Well we decided to just replace the box. I ordered one off of rock auto in hopes that it was actually more remanufactured than the Autozone ones, and turns out it doesn't fit either. The shaft is too big. The steering coupler I ordered doesn't fit either... Something has been swapped at some point before I had it. Is there a known "upgrade" or some other system that people swap into these? I have a 96' 1500 5.2. Thinking maybe one from a bigger or later model maybe was swapped in? Kind of stumped here.