Steering stabilizer questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Hb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I see that most offer a dual setup but then I saw that King suspension offers a single unit and Fox shocks come dual and offer a single unit that goes into the factory placement. So I am wondering the difference between them?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Most of those aftermarket single stabilizers are the "charged" type and really intended to offset the radial pull that some larger tires can have. (though I have never experienced this). If your truck runs straight now adding a charge stabilizer can actually add some push/pull to the steering.

Duals obviously counter act each other so you won't get that stabilizer push/pull like you might with a single charged unit. Duals are a lots for looks as well as far as I am concerned. Unless you are running some really really big tires I don't see the need.

I've never had the need for a aftermarket stabilizer. In my experience if everything is aligned, balanced and tight up front the stock is more then up to the job. A lot pf people tend to use them as band aids trying to mask a real problems instead of rectifying the issue.

I'm leveled running 35's with 67K miles on my stock stabilizer and my truck drives like a dream.

OP
OP
Houston Hb

Houston Hb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most of those aftermarket single stabilizers are the "charged" type and really intended to offset the radial pull that some larger tires can have. (though I have never experienced this). If your truck runs straight now adding a charge stabilizer can actually add some push/pull to the steering.

Duals obviously counter act each other so you won't get that stabilizer push/pull like you might with a single charged unit. Duals are a lots for looks as well as far as I am concerned. Unless you are running some really really big tires I don't see the need.

I've never had the need for a aftermarket stabilizer. In my experience if everything is aligned, balanced and tight up front the stock is more then up to the job. A lot pf people tend to use them as band aids trying to mask a real problems instead of rectifying the issue.

I'm leveled running 35's with 67K miles on my stock stabilizer and my truck drives like a dream.

understand, thanks for the write up and explaining. my current setup is a readylift 6in with 22x12 with 37 just wondering before i put it all on if that is something that i might need to have