Steering wandering, IFS, 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjl030414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased an 07 ram, 4x4 crew cab, hemi with the rack and pinion steering. It has brand new Goodyear silent armour tires, and an unknown lift. My problem is the steering wanders, ever so slightly. Upon initial inspection, (I've worked at many dealerships, including Dodge for a short time before I moved), the only issue I can see is the ball joint boots are torn. I had an old Maxima with the same problem, just much worse. Rack and pinion bushings fixed it 100%. I'm wondering how likely doing the same thing might fix this. Also, I was looking online here, other forums, as well as Google, and can not find polyurethane bushing for the truck .they all specify megacab or diesel only, am I overlooking something or do they not make a kit for it? I'm extremely mechanically inclined, have a few ASE's, but I come from a mostly import background .I'm not scared to tear this suspension apart, I'd just like some advice in advance of anyone has had the same problem. A starting point would be nice, just to save time and not throw random parts at it. I personally installed the full energy suspension master kit on my 96 Civic, so I'm familiar with the whole process. Any advice would be appreciated, I'll also include a picture of the truck as well. One thing to add, when I purchased the truck the previous owner had the white letters facing inward, I had them taken off the rim and flipped outwards, that seems to have helped the wander in the smallest manner. It was a noticeable improvement, albeit minor. *Trying to upload a picture from my phone, with no success. I'll log on on a PC in a few hours and post.

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
There are several things that'll cause your issues. Worn out parts, alignment way off, steering gear box wore out. Go get it checked by a mechanic or if you know how, check your front end first. If all parts are good then I'd check the alignment on it next