Steering wheel and alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When an alignment is done isn't the steering wheel supposed be symmetrically centered or straight. The dealership has done mine twice and the wheel is **** eyed still. Is this something that cannot be corrected?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Is it off when driving on a flat parking lot surface and center on a two lane road? If so, they adjusted it to compensate for the road crown. If off either way, then yeah, they did it wrong.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Does it need to be adjusted with the steering wheel off? Mine's a few degrees off center, I think leaning left. I have to re-read the adding steering wheel button thread.

OP
OP
SportyJames

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Flat road truck going straight. Steering wheel is cocked to the left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
How far off is it? It sounds like they aren't completing the alignment correctly but if it's super close that just might be as close as they can get it while still keeping the front end aligned properly. If it's way off they're just being lazy and not adjusting the tie rods from side to side properly.

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
Adjusting for the crown of the road is old school. With today’s interstates I’ve seen the crown both left and right depending which lane you’re in. The wheel should be centered, may be off a little but basically centered.

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was slightly off when I bought it. Pulled a little to the left. It got a little worse over the 2+ years I've had it. Nothing crazy but still off, pulling a little to the left. I just leveled it with Bils and put on 34's and got it aligned at a reputable shop. Now it runs straight and smooth. Hopefully you will get better results this time, good luck. It should be straight on.

old_hat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It's way off. Going back in Saturday.

They get it right this time? I'm taking mine in tomorrow for an alignment and the steering wheel is slightly off center due to adding leveling kit.

OP
OP
SportyJames

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They get it right this time? I'm taking mine in tomorrow for an alignment and the steering wheel is slightly off center due to adding leveling kit.
Yes, steering wheel is centered now. Service Manager did it himself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk