Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the Uconnect controls on the steering wheel especially the ones on the back, but the control on the back left only indexes numerically by the channels and not by presets. If I am on #1 preset and want to advance to #2 preset it doesn't work that way. I generally only listen to the Sirrus channels and on my #1 preset I have 60's on 6 and #2 is classic rock on I think 35. If I advance using the buttons on back of the steering wheel it advances from 60's on 6, then 70's on 7 and so on. Is there a way I can reprogram the buttons to advance by presets??
I looked in the manual but there is little information.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It does, instead of using the rocker buttons going up and down the channels, just push it in, and it will move through the presets.
^^This... Push the left button in the middle on the bump.

Woody Aboumrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know of a way to swap these functions? Every other car I have driven scrolls through the presets with the up/down functions, and that seems like a much more logical function than scrolling numerically. My dad had a 2001 Grand Cherokee and I remember thinking this was a bad design. I can't believe they still have the same setup 18 years later. Has anyone been able to change this?

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Im wondering the same thing. My two favorite channels are on preset 4 and 5 and i swap back and forth but to go from 5 back to 4 i have to run all the way through all the other presets to get back. This is the first car Ive ever had where you couldnt go both directions in presets using the steering wheel controls

CVMA Lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any more information on this? I just upgraded to a 2017 with the 8-inch touchscreen and Uconnect and was looking forward to finally having steering wheel radio controls so I could stop reaching over to tap the preset I want, only to be disappointed that it only cycles through presets in one direction. Moving forward is great, but when that station goes to commercial and I want to go back to a previous preset, I still have to reach over to the radio or cycle through 12 more presets just to go back one? Who thought the rocker buttons being used for tuning through individual frequencies was a good idea? I'm really hoping there's a solution out there.