Step Hunting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not really into steps but chicks usually cuss a few times when they have to pull their self up. I hate tubular crap. I actually bought a set of CARR Hoop II’s. Haven’t put em on yet because they mount to the inside rocker panel. Have any of y’all used CARR steps before? There are only 2 reviews on the website. But they’re pretty much a minimalistic design. Under each door without the full length tube which is what I’m looking for. Just ain’t crazy about drilling into the back of the rockers.

Joseph Barber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge ram 1500 SLT
Engine
4.7L Magnum
My 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7l came with the tubular running boards , so I don't know but they do help out , and with RA in the left knee makes it easier

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
With both the wife and I in our 70's I couldn't imagine climbing into our truck without the tubular step. It runs under all 4 doors. When we got the truck the rubbers were shot and I didn't want the wife to slip climbing in so I purchased a rubber mat with good traction pattern, cut pieces to match the crusty ones I removed and glued them down with E6000 adhesive. 3 years later and after much use they are holding up nicely and dear wife has never lost her footing. I like them.

OP
OP
TOTALCHAOS69

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With both the wife and I in our 70's I couldn't imagine climbing into our truck without the tubular step. It runs under all 4 doors. When we got the truck the rubbers were shot and I didn't want the wife to slip climbing in so I purchased a rubber mat with good traction pattern, cut pieces to match the crusty ones I removed and glued them down with E6000 adhesive. 3 years later and after much use they are holding up nicely and dear wife has never lost her footing. I like them.

I’ve used that stuff on a fancy glass bowl of my grandmothers. Not sure how long it will last but 7 years so far.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is no way that i would install the CARR Hoop II on anything that i own.

There is no meat holding them up, if i used them a few times, the upper screws would work loose & bend or break off where the bottom bolt is