Stock Ram Tunes yes or no

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Opinions please is a stock Ram worth getting a stock tune like by a good knowledge mechanic
It'll cost you close to or north of $1500 Canuck to tune it Dave,and probably in your case isn't worth it,as your warrenty is pretty well instantly null as soon as you put a tune on it.You need an unlocked PCM / bypass cable ,before you can tune it. CCMR in Edmonton can unlock the PCM,but i'm not sure what they're charging for the service,and Chris Zelinsky/Player 3 Tuning goes over to Saskatoon about once a month in the summer,and is a hell'va good tuner,and uses strictly HP,but i'm not sure what he charges for a basic tune these days

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what is so great about this Foyum is the wealth of info all you buds have. Thanks Rick….After I get the Vararam I am going to stick to just making Warlock handsome…lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is what is so great about this Foyum is the wealth of info all you buds have. Thanks Rick….After I get the Vararam I am going to stick to just making Warlock handsome…lol
Chris does a 87 milege tune,that'll gain you about 2 or 3 more mpg and is 87 compatiable,he put one on my neighbours old 14 for her and she loved it,but the cost to do it on yours is hardly justifiable Dave,as you'd probably have to put 500,000 clics on the truck to recover your money,plus it negates doing any heavy towing

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dave you could try an Edge Pulsar. It piggybacks the the PCM and is removeable if you need to go in for warranty service. I believe it does not leave fingerprints…The negative…I’m not a success story here, I tried it…it shut my truck off twice while driving. I sent it back. Others here swear by it.
Intake and cat-back exhaust, pedal commander are all you can really do under warranty.
I’m not qualified to say having a second PCM would escape the warranty police.
After warranty, tune it and you will be amazed…