Strange backup light question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought some flush mount pods to install in the rear bumper. They came with a wiring harness and a switch. I want to direct wire them so they come on while in reverse. Here’s my question... can I directly attach the power wires to the backup lights AND tap the power wire to the switch so I could use them manually as well? If I did would all the reverse lights come on with the switch or would everything just blow up or not work at all?

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine wired up like you want. Mine come on whenever I put it in reverse, but I can also just flip the switch to turn them on if I need light for anything. You’ll need to use a diode since you’ll have two inputs and one output. Think of the diode as a check valve only letting electrons flow one way. I wired mine to the trailer hitch reverse wire and for the switch that’s up to you but no it won’t turn on all your reverse lights if you use the diode.

You can use a nice heavy duty diode or rig up something on your own.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HRO564?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title&th=1

39B7CBB6-AB03-4FEC-8CA8-428592E39606.jpeg

OP
OP
Primate

Primate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have mine wired up like you want. Mine come on whenever I put it in reverse, but I can also just flip the switch to turn them on if I need light for anything. You’ll need to use a diode since you’ll have two inputs and one output. Think of the diode as a check valve only letting electrons flow one way. I wired mine to the trailer hitch reverse wire and for the switch that’s up to you but no it won’t turn on all your reverse lights if you use the diode.

You can use a nice heavy duty diode or rig up something on your own.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HRO564?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title&th=1

View attachment 157187

Thank you!! That’s perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fenrir14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How would I go about wiring my reverse lights into my cargo light? Basically I want my cargos to come on in reverse as well as my reverse lights when I turn on my cargo lights