Sun roof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
Has anyone figured out the fix for these sun roof leaks? Mine is dripping in the rear corner on passenger side. If I look at the right angle I can see sunlight coming through! It’s very frustrating! No more sun roof’s after this truck my last truck leaked also!
Thanks,
Matt

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
Has anyone figured out the fix for these sun roof leaks? Mine is dripping in the rear corner on passenger side. If I look at the right angle I can see sunlight coming through! It’s very frustrating! No more sun roof’s after this truck my last truck leaked also!
Thanks,
Matt
So I went out poured a glass of water on driver’s side rear no water at all comes in. Went and poured water on passenger side rear it came in like a river!!! Unreal!!

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have sun roofs on both my trucks, and they've been pretty reliable.

It sounds like either the glass panel needs realigned, the rubber seal is bad, or the drain tube(s) are clogged.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I agree with ya on it needing a glass alignment or the weatherstripping is bad. Not getting any water on headliner so it’s draining out the channels like it supposed to. Had an appointment at dealership for it last week. It’s outsourced and the guy that repairs them never showed up. I took my truck and went home.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep. Sunroof leaks are a bummer. Been there!

If your's is a 2022, take it back and let the dealer fix the leak...

For guys with older trucks, take a good look at the gasket and truck roof area. Dirt and grit get tend to build up in the gasket/body area over time and make a bad seal. Every once in a while a guy needs to remove the glass and clean both sides thoroughly with a wet cloth. They can get real dirty & gritty. Also any paint chips should be attended to and fixed. They'll never seal if the paint is chipped. At least clean the seal & roof surround with the glass tilted up as best you can. It's not that difficult to loosen the glass and then re-seat it to try to get a better seal. It's also not that difficult to replace the weatherstrip if it needs it. In case the seal shrunk. Takes time, but not difficult. That's what I've found on sunroof leaks.

On other (non-Ram) vehicles I've readjusted the glass in the past I set the sunroof height just a little taller than the roof to avoid water pooling in the corners.

:waytogo:

Last edited:

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The sunroof glass can be removed/aligned very easily. It's held in place by 4 torx screws behind the side covers, which are easily removeable as well.

There are slots is the metal brackets which enable the glass to be adjusted up or down at all 4 corners.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sunroof glass can be removed/aligned very easily. It's held in place by 4 torx screws behind the side covers, which are easily removeable as well.

There are slots is the metal brackets which enable the glass to be adjusted up or down at all 4 corners.
I’m guessing I would want it sitting higher in the corners so water won’t be puddling in the corners of the glass?

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I just made another appointment at dealership for Thursday. We will see if that outsourced company they use shows up this time!!!

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I dropped it off this morning they called this afternoon said it needed a new weatherstripping seal it will be done tomorrow morning. Hope this fixes the water leak.
Take care,
Matt

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have sunroofs in both our 300 and Challenger,neither have ever been opened,lol

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my last sunroof. Barely ever open it and have the shade pulled across 98% of the time. From the sun beating in.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just called the service advisor the mechanic stripped some bolt taking the sunroof out. He’s talking about having to take the headliner out and the windshield has to come out! All this other crap and having to order more parts that won’t be here for a week! He explained to me that because one of the screws are stripped they have to replace the whole track! So I can come get my truck but it’s not fixed! I can’t make this stuff up! Unreal!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat