2018 1500 Rear Door Roof Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankthedog13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Bought the truck (18) months ago and had water stains on the roof (can see old marks in photos). Didn't think much of it, was told it was taken care of and i had no issues. Fast forward to this past weekend, you can see the leak is back. Right above the drivers side rear door. I'll be honest, not a big car guy, any input/direction on a resolution is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 14

alex6666

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 slt
Engine
a common problem is the third brake light (on rear of roof) develops a leaky seal. There are a number of posts on this on this site and solutions. Not sure if this is your issue fwiw.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Bought the truck (18) months ago and had water stains on the roof (can see old marks in photos). Didn't think much of it, was told it was taken care of and i had no issues. Fast forward to this past weekend, you can see the leak is back. Right above the drivers side rear door. I'll be honest, not a big car guy, any input/direction on a resolution is appreciated.
This looks like your roof antenna is leaking. If you plan on doing the work yourself, I can walk you through the steps. It will probably take about an hour for a first timer to fix, but it can be done in under 30 minutes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat