Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone out there had a sunroof in their truck develop a wind noise due to the rubber along both sides of the rails wearing out? What did you do to fix this problem?

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any ideas as to where I might find such? I’ve been told the dealer only sells the complete sunroof. I’m not sure though.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
PM Benny at allmoparparts with your VIN and request, he might be able to help.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You may not care to read this, but the Ram sunroofs are far from the best.
Many of them leak after a couple of years
A lot of ppl go to a shop that does sunroofs to get help or at least an opinion

kayjo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree the integration of the panoramic roof is not anywhere near as good as i have seen in some standard moon roofs. With that said, does it mean its a major problem? Well I have a ton of noise with the one on the ram I just purchased. I looked at the seal its still new condition. But, I can see where the noise is coming from. The two front corners of the seal fall. This leaves a depression and an area of wind turbulence and impedes good contact in the whole front of the seal in general.

Can you replace the seal? It seems that it is a rather generic seal. So it looks like you should be able get a better seal and install it. Because the track that holds the seal seems rather generic too, you could retrofit a ton of different seals

The problem seems to be the plastic track that holds the seal. It falls in the corners. You can apply some counter pressure on a warm day after there is a fair amount of heat in roof, to see if you can get them leverage upward a bit. ALso, i read on another thread, someone gave additional manual force on the glass panel while its closing to help it make a full seal. I would think if you do this repositioning of the seal and push to make sure its in place when it closes, it will keep it in more proper location and contact. and keep the seal plastic from diving in the corners. It may be possible to wedge or glue some type of rubber bushing under the plastic support to keep it from falling. It does not seem to be a rocket science problem. There are probably a half dozen ways to get this to seal better. I am more concerned with the power of the motor or glass position and its ability to close fully and tightly. If someone learns about an adjustment that can be made for the sunroof with this respect , post back.