Suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnicho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I got a 14 outdoorsman CC and I want to lift it fit 35’s but I don’t know anything about suspension and was wondering what I need to look for/ upgrade while I am already doing suspension work like ball joints, control arms etc etc

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want the easy one-stop solution just get Mopar P5155797 , install the front struts with the clip on the second from the top position, and get you some 35's.

Depending which wheels you have you may need either different wheels or spacers to clear your upper control arms.. may not need 'em.

Mopar P5155797 is the OEM 2" lift offering, it's simple and proven and affordable and if you don't do anything foolish you won't need any additional parts or need to worry about ball joints or any of that stuff. I've had it on my Ram since new - I did make a few changes over the years to fine tune it but never had an actual problem with the lift.

Anyway a bunch of arguing will probably ensue below but that's my input and endorsement.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No arguments yet as I think the level will be fine it you're only looking to add the bigger tire. The caveat would be how wide you plan to go with your wheels (unless you're keeping the stock ones) and their respective offset. May have to do a little trimming if you go wide, but I do like the look of 35s on a leveled Ram. Personally though, I wanted the lift and chose the BDS Coil-Over kit and new BDS UCAs and haven't had an issue with my ball joints (as some members have).

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I got a 14 outdoorsman CC and I want to lift it fit 35’s but I don’t know anything about suspension and was wondering what I need to look for/ upgrade while I am already doing suspension work like ball joints, control arms etc etc
Simple way to fit 35’s and improve your ride