Suspension Parts Purchase Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hero6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1998 1500 4x4 5.9. Three parts I need advice on, springs, shocks, coils.

I carried a heavy loaded trailer and flattened one of my leaf springs. My truck has a lean to it now.
So I am looking to buy new rear leafs. Saw some by Husky on Rock auto. Looks like there are different options and measurements, spring width, and leafs packs, any advice on choosing the correct ones? Do I need to purchase bushings or do they typically come with new springs?

Also I am buying new front coils while I am at it, probably from rock auto, saw some for $100, ACDelco brand, any recommended ones?

I am going to replace the shocks as well, saw some people recommended blistien, but my question for shocks is can I use stock size shocks because I have a 2 inch level kit for the front to install as well which I previously bought.

Not sure if better to get 2 inch lift coils for the front or stock and use the level kit already purchased.

BTW, I typically do not carried heavy loads, just occasionally. It is my daily back and forth to work rig.

Appreciate any input.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was researching parts for my lift, it seemed like all of the lifted coil springs I found were for 3 or more inches of lift, so I went with spacers to get 2 inches. As for shocks, a lot of people say you can use stock length with the leveling kit, but I’ve also seen some people report it not working out for them. Id imagine it depends on how hard you are going off road. If you already own the shocks, and you can’t return them, then I’d just give them a try. If they don’t work, they are super easy to change.