Suspension Questions/Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MD_Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've noticed recently that I'm getting some "noise" through the steering wheel at low speed turns (20mph or less) and most noticable coming out of parking spots/traffic lights/stop signs/etc. There is nothing actually making noise, just stuff I can feel through the steering wheel. It's not a vibration but more of light clunking type feeling. I know Dodge's have a history of suspension issues but this being my first Dodge I'm not sure where to start. Any ideas?

2012 1500 Big Horn 4x4 5.7

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Need an alignment due to tire slip issues? Do you have strange wear on your front tires? Have you hit any curbs recently?

Could be your CVs if it only happens when you turn really hard. Have you used 4wd very much?

Do you have any suspension mods?

OP
OP
M

MD_Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need an alignment due to tire slip issues? Do you have strange wear on your front tires? Have you hit any curbs recently?

Could be your CVs if it only happens when you turn really hard. Have you used 4wd very much?

Do you have any suspension mods?

No suspension mods, been holding off cause if there is a problem that would be covered under warranty didn't want them to deny it due to other suspension mods that didn't cause the issue.

No weird wear on my tire and haven't hit any curbs but we do have some killer pot holes and I know I'm hit a couple of those

Only used 4wd about a handful of times so far.

Might have my buddy who is a master tech drive and see what he thinks but I hate wasting his time for small ****

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
What kind of tires do you have?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Could need an alignment due to those pot holes... Other than that, I have no idea what to tell you lol. Sorry.