Sway bar end links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I know it’s a subject that gets some shade but I’m looking for front quick disconnect sway bar links. I’m sure some Jeep links may work but I’m not familiar with what I’m looking. I’m trying to find one that replaces the ball with a bushing so I can utilize a pull pin. I’m planning on using them for slow speed trail riding. The stock sway bar is extremely stiff. Picture for reference.

38262BC2-4B53-43F1-BE8C-0F184C6CD859.png

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So I know it’s a subject that gets some shade but I’m looking for front quick disconnect sway bar links. I’m sure some Jeep links may work but I’m not familiar with what I’m looking. I’m trying to find one that replaces the ball with a bushing so I can utilize a pull pin. I’m planning on using them for slow speed trail riding. The stock sway bar is extremely stiff. Picture for reference.

View attachment 238051
Suspension Maxx

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Following, because I’m looking for a set for my GM truck ironically (considering that’s a GM link pictured). I have only seen them offered commercially for Jeeps, so I’ll probably have to fab my own. When I get around to it, I’ll post what I build or find if you haven’t gotten your solution yet.

A disconnecting sway bar is a wonderful thing on a trail ride. I’m somewhat concerned that the push pin type will develop some tolerance over time and become the source of a suspension rattle.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The ram ones are not the style I’m looking for unfortunately. I’ve looked at the ram ones but would like ones that I can use for quick disconnects. The one pictured I could pull the bolt out of the bushing and put a quick release pin in its place. I might try these and see if they fit. https://kryptoniteproducts.com/collections/frontpage/products/kryptonite-sway-bar-end-links-0-2
You would need to make one which wouldn’t be that difficult. Rams don’t get much love in the aftermarket

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would need to make one which wouldn’t be that difficult. Rams don’t get much love in the aftermarket
I’m actually debating on buying the one linked and buy a push pin or make my own push pin. It hits all my check boxes for what I had in mind.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following, because I’m looking for a set for my GM truck ironically (considering that’s a GM link pictured). I have only seen them offered commercially for Jeeps, so I’ll probably have to fab my own. When I get around to it, I’ll post what I build or find if you haven’t gotten your solution yet.

A disconnecting sway bar is a wonderful thing on a trail ride. I’m somewhat concerned that the push pin type will develop some tolerance over time and become the source of a suspension rattle.
I can understand what you mean. It’s almost easy enough to pull the bushing bolt out though instead of making a push pin. I keep some tools on hand already so a couple extra sockets won’t hurt.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I made my own

151987209_10159338150988552_834448828782059396_o.jpg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m actually debating on buying the one linked and buy a push pin or make my own push pin. It hits all my check boxes for what I had in mind.
Look into the gladiator electronic sway bar.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look into the gladiator electronic sway bar.
I wish but no. Out of my budget and more work than I would like. I don’t mind doing push pins. When I get the chance I’m going to order the ones linked. The more I think about it they’re pretty cheap and are probably exactly what I’m looking for.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I ordered them so I’ll update the post later. They are the same length as the stock ones on the ram 1500 4wd and I am not having any issues with binding on my current setup so should be good.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

unfortunately no. That’s an eye on both ends. I need a bolt on both ends.

I don’t think that gives us enough flexibility on our trucks. I’m trying the ones for the GMC that I linked in the first post. They should be here next week. They are 7.5” length which is the same as our stock ones so hopefully it works. Was hoping for 8” length for my setup but stock hasn’t let me down yet. I will just have to make a push pin for the lower bushing and it should perfectly suit what I’m looking for. The trail riding I do is a lot of slow driving with hard angles and the front sway bar is so solid that the whole front end just rocks into the hole. Almost no flex in the front. I’d love to be able to free up my front suspension travel and really feel how much the truck will move across rocks and uneven surfaces.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just cut the sway bar in half in the middle, put a steel tube over it, drill a hole on one of the halves through the steel tube and put your pin in the other hole. That makes it move freely.

Just something I would do as a redneck lol

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just cut the sway bar in half in the middle, put a steel tube over it, drill a hole on one of the halves through the steel tube and put your pin in the other hole. That makes it move freely.

Just something I would do as a redneck lol
That’s an idea have to weld one side and pin the other

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956