Tail Light Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdestefano948

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 L Hemi. The tail light cover on the passenger rear tail light is cracked and the dealership is telling me that they cannot replace the cover and they have to replace the whole assembly. Is this accurate or are they trying to swindle me out of $900?

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
You can’t replace the covers, it’s a whole assembly but I highly doubt it’s $900 worth! Unless it’s because LED?
You can do this yourself in about 15 mins max. Buy the part on here or on line with one of the MOPAR stores.

OP
OP
J

jdestefano948

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Thanks for the quick response. I found a video and it does look very easy to replace. Even if I have to pay the same price for the part I will certainly be able to do this on my own and save the labor cost.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can’t replace the covers, it’s a whole assembly but I highly doubt it’s $900 worth! Unless it’s because LED?
You can do this yourself in about 15 mins max. Buy the part on here or on line with one of the MOPAR stores.

Agreed, don't go to a dealer for anything out of warranty that will cost you money. Not saying there aren't any good ones out there, but most will be overpriced rip offs.

OP
OP
J

jdestefano948

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I agree, I went to the dealership to replace a sideview mirror that is under warranty, I asked for some pricing while I was there. Thanks for looking out!