Tail lights acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Randomly my taillights started acting funny. When I cut my lights on the tail lights don't turn on at all. When I use my blinker it starts blinking fast but only when my lights are on ( rear lights wont work at all. Front lights work.) If I cut my lights off and use my blinker it works fine (even the rear blinker.) Also if my lights are off and I use my blinker and brake it blinks fast. Anyone know what's going on here.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Try cleaning the trailer plug out. They get corroded with the green crap and cause issues.

wepuckett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
Is it only on one side or both I had something similar and the plug that plugs into the circuit board holding the 3 bulbs would just loose contact if I hit a bump but then would reconnect I hit another bump, I am missing the clip to hold the plug on and one of the pegs that push into the truck to hold the taillight cover in place was broken, so grabbed a good taillight lens cover from another truck and haven't had the problem

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo