Tailgate RAM logo change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Would it be possible to remove the rams head emblem from my tailgate and change it to the RAM emblem. I’ve found both oem and aftermarket from ebay.

I want the style like in the picture.

0FCA14EB-1886-42DF-9846-816610CDC55A.jpeg

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think so. The tailgates with the ram head have in indentation in the shape of that logo, and the ones with "RAM", do not. Plus there are holes behind that ram head. It looks like you'd need the whole tailgate.

OP
OP
DamnRam1500

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't think so. The tailgates with the ram head have in indentation in the shape of that logo, and the ones with "RAM", do not. Plus there are holes behind that ram head. It looks like you'd need the whole tailgate.

Oh bummer, I forgot about the indentation from the rams head.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ this and unfortunately the A is not big enough to cover the indentation.
Your best best is to find someone to trade tailgates. There is always a salvage yard or have a body shop smooth the tailgate. either one has alignment pin holes

OP
OP
DamnRam1500

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^ this and unfortunately the A is not big enough to cover the indentation.
Your best best is to find someone to trade tailgates. There is always a salvage yard or have a body shop smooth the tailgate. either one has alignment pin holes

I will have to keep my eyes open for a tailgate on car-part or eBay etc. I tried a trade ad on Craigslist a while ago but never got a response. I need a black tailgate in trade so no one has to paint.

OP
OP
DamnRam1500

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Trade tailgates with someone who refers the cool Ram logo you have.

Been trying to find someone to trade for over a year. No one local enough seems interested. Definitely not shipping a tailgate.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Been trying to find someone to trade for over a year. No one local enough seems interested. Definitely not shipping a tailgate.

I can understand folks preferring to keep tailgates with the cool ram head logo. I like it. Not a fan of the big RAM letters on the tailgate or grille. Same with Fords, don't like their grill with the big FORD on it. But to each their own.

BTW in folk's rearview mirrors, it says MAR

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can understand folks preferring to keep tailgates with the cool ram head logo. I like it. Not a fan of the big RAM letters on the tailgate or grille. Same with Fords, don't like their grill with the big FORD on it. But to each their own.

BTW in folk's rearview mirrors, it says MAR

I would remove the ram head logo if I could, but I’m not interested in spending the money at a body shop to get rid of it. So I did the next beat thing and replaced the chrome one with a gloss black one so it almost blends in to the tailgate.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I would remove the ram head logo if I could, but I’m not interested in spending the money at a body shop to get rid of it. So I did the next beat thing and replaced the chrome one with a gloss black one so it almost blends in to the tailgate.

But you have a Ram with the chrome package, chrome bumpers chrome grill and everything. So maybe the chrome ram logo is a little bit too much chrome? I have black bumpers, black grill, black mirrors and door handles, so I like the big chrome ram head logo on front and back, and also the chrome door badges. Just enough chrome...

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But you have a Ram with the chrome package, chrome bumpers chrome grill and everything. So maybe the chrome ram logo is a little bit too much chrome? I have black bumpers, black grill, black mirrors and door handles, so I like the big chrome ram head logo on front and back, and also the chrome door badges. Just enough chrome...

I’ve removed a every badge I can that doesn’t require body work. The chrome bumpers and grill are on the list to be removed. I’m just glad I got the ram head logo on the tailgate vs those big, ugly letters across the tailgate.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are all 4th gen tailgates interchangeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with most. I wouldn’t trade the Ram head logo tailgate for the one with the huge letters. But I understand everyone has their own preferences.

OP
OP
DamnRam1500

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a black 2016 Express. All the emblems are chrome. I don’t mind the chrome.

I just like the look of the RAM on the tailgate. Reminds me of the old first gens with the Dodge Ram logo on the tailgate.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agree with most. I wouldn’t trade the Ram head logo tailgate for the one with the huge letters. But I understand everyone has their own preferences.

I certainly wouldn't either, but...

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was toying with the idea of finding someone with a RAM lettered tailgate since Im not crazy about the ram head logo.

This is another option that I have been considering as well:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-09-18...m+1500&hash=item2f343aefee:g:OqIAAOSw4wRdNcKp

I think it looks pretty cool & I have seen a member on here put the 5th gen tailgate logo on to this panel, which I think looks far better than the 4th logo.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the Ford tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro