Tazer VS AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been doing a little research before purchasing one over the other and figured it'd be better to make a post to hash out any details for future potential buyers.

My personal interests for either would be:

Full disable T/C-ESC without pulling F26 fuse
Disable Nav input lockout while driving (would be nice for passengers to enter addresses or POIs instead of needing to use voice commands)
Disable MDS
Global window control with fob
Power fold mirrors with ignition
Adjust idle
Change fan on-off temps

From the looks of my research the Tazer will do the power fold mirrors and Alfa will not. Aside from that everything else would be easier done in Alfa. I'm still researching details but if anyone has first hand experience with the Tazer and what it can and can't do feel free to let me know.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not sure if either will deactivate mds. As far as power fold mirrors, alpha will allow to program but they wont fold automatically like tazer can. Also, the idle adjustment you mentioned is new to me as well. Im a little bias because i have alpha but i can say its probably one of the best purchases ive made regarding my truck. Also, im under the impression you have to leave the tazer plugged in at all times in order for it to work which probably isnt a big deal but alpha you do not. Either way i think both are decent purchases.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
The Tazer can do everything you listed above. Apart from Disable MDS, and change fan on-off temps.

Alfa wont be able to disable MDS either. Alfa ODB connects with the BCM (Body control module). MDS will be programmed into the PCM (Power control module), which Alfa doesnt have access too.

To add. The tazer DOES have a feature called cooldown mode. which turns engine fans on when ignition is on, engine NOT running.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been doing a little research before purchasing one over the other and figured it'd be better to make a post to hash out any details for future potential buyers.

My personal interests for either would be:

Full disable T/C-ESC without pulling F26 fuse
Disable Nav input lockout while driving (would be nice for passengers to enter addresses or POIs instead of needing to use voice commands)
Disable MDS
Global window control with fob
Power fold mirrors with ignition
Adjust idle
Change fan on-off temps

From the looks of my research the Tazer will do the power fold mirrors and Alfa will not. Aside from that everything else would be easier done in Alfa. I'm still researching details but if anyone has first hand experience with the Tazer and what it can and can't do feel free to let me know.
I really want to have the mirror to close when lock the door. I been thinking of getting a tazer. Which one do you have. ?

Dustyb1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im in the exact same decision right now. I want to correct for tire size and enable led/hid lighting. I want the alpha obd but have failed for days finding a bypass harness, unavailable from kodatech at the moment. Considering settling for the tazer because its supposed to come with a bypass harnes... Any help is appreciated, its my first ram and this all unfamiliar.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Im in the exact same decision right now. I want to correct for tire size and enable led/hid lighting. I want the alpha obd but have failed for days finding a bypass harness, unavailable from kodatech at the moment. Considering settling for the tazer because its supposed to come with a bypass harnes... Any help is appreciated, its my first ram and this all unfamiliar.
I'm happy with the tazer. Does what I need it to do. And has a few extras to play with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Andrew Dick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually have both, I got the RamTazer first and it is quite good and easy to use. It will give you access to quite a few options that are just smart. I utilize the Spoof4Low all the time. The power fold mirrors is a great option as well. I sent a request to have the trailer brake active as an option and they added it with the latest firmware, I couldn’t get it to activate so I am getting in touch with the company.
There are a bunch of options that you do need to have the Tazer connected, but they sell a bypass cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeSumthin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My opinion is that the Tazer is all for show. Yes, the mirrors popping out and the light show are cool however...

Adding additional factory options and going through alot of computer settings became alot more helpful to me.

I did AlfaOBD and then got a Diablo i3... done.4e5e40aab4f5b71b469cfaf1e2319157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok guys. I read everything in this thread thus far and I have questions. I want the mirrors to fold in automatically when I turn off the truck, then back out when I turn it on. Down the road, I want to install a front camera too, and change tire sizes.

Which one is the best for accomplishing all 3?

Note: I don't like the idea of having something always plugged into the truck. I like my stuff to look Factory!

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I actually have both, I got the RamTazer first and it is quite good and easy to use. It will give you access to quite a few options that are just smart. I utilize the Spoof4Low all the time. The power fold mirrors is a great option as well. I sent a request to have the trailer brake active as an option and they added it with the latest firmware, I couldn’t get it to activate so I am getting in touch with the company.
There are a bunch of options that you do need to have the Tazer connected, but they sell a bypass cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is Spoof4Low?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I use this one.

AEM bypass harness

Looks like it's in stock now. Have you looked at the JScan app? It'll do both lighting and tire size. You pay for each VIN. I have both it and AlphaOBD and JScan is by far easier and quicker for simple stuff. Alpha does more though and is for the deep dive. Just my two cents.