Alfaobd 2018 Ram 1500 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rex Everything

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Hello. I am new to the Forum so I hope I am in the right place to ask a question about my 2018 Ram 1500 Express and the Alfaobd settings. To the point, I wondered if anyone knows what setting I should look for to turn on the footwell lights and also how to turn on the power folding mirror option. I am guessing these settings are under all the door options but I am having trouble getting these options to work. I have purchased upgraded mirrors and a new power control window switch that has the button to fold the mirrors but they are aftermarket. Would that be an issue? I was able to get the turn signal lights to work on the mirrors but I can't seem to get them to fold. Any advice on the mirrors and footwell lights would be great. Thank you

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The footwell lights don’t have a setting. On my 2018 I simply plugged them into the existing wiring harness that was taped up under the dash and they worked as designed without an AlfaOBD input. As for the mirrors I’ll ask the obvious. Are the aftermarket mirrors you purchased capable of powered folding? The power fold mirrors have an electric motor inside the mirror housing, if they aren’t designed to power fold no Alfa input will make them into power folding mirrors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rex Everything

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
That would make complete sense. They are aftermarket by a company called AutoShack. Bought them from Amazon and in the description they claim to be power folding and heated. I didn't see anyone complaining about them not working which makes me wonder if I have the wrong window controller in the door. I updated both the module inside both the doors and the controller on the driver side that has the correct buttons for the folding mirrors. I am stumped.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would make complete sense. They are aftermarket by a company called AutoShack. Bought them from Amazon and in the description they claim to be power folding and heated. I didn't see anyone complaining about them not working which makes me wonder if I have the wrong window controller in the door. I updated both the module inside both the doors and the controller on the driver side that has the correct buttons for the folding mirrors. I am stumped.
The setting you are looking for is in the body computer. When in the Alfobd you select body computer and then your year and then car configuration changes. Then click the car icon on the bottom with hood open. For the procedure to start scroll to car configuration change. After that scroll through the list till you find power mirror option. If they have signals in them find that setting in the same general location. If they are tow mirror capable also activate that setting and if they have approach lights activate that setting as well. Just be sure to change one setting and after it completes back out of alfaobd take key out the ignition and allow truck to sleep for no less than 30 seconds, but most recommend 5 minutes. If they are just basic power fold with no other options you just have to enable the power fold option.

OP
OP
R

Rex Everything

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Very cool. I am going to see if I can conquer this task right now. Cannot wait to finally get these mirrors working. Thanks a million!