Tell me about: Galveston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

Every once in awhile, I get wanderlust and do a "Where should you live" quiz or something based on other states

Today, did Texas (Which I loved since I went there 8yrs ago) and hence the title, want to know about Galveston.

Already get a "Jersey Shore of Texas" Vibes (Location, not the ****** show about the Trash of NY) and I've been to Padre Island once, so I assume it's the mix of the two

What can anyone who lives by, near or frequents there tell me about it you won't find doing a google search and stuff?

Thanks in advanced

Rogue

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
which part of Padre..Galveston beach more like Port A narrow but long.. downtown nice. can go to east beach to avoid crowd or take ferry to Bolivar and drive along beach. be sure to rinse vehicle good when you get home

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Nice place to visit, Id live in nice burb of Houston though.

theaaronbush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.9L Cummins
I’d pick South Padre...at least the water is clear down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice place to visit, Id live in nice burb of Houston though.

This. I live on the outskirts of Houston, South of Houston. Galveston is an awesome place to visit for a day or weekend, but I would never live there. The crime rate there is pretty high. The tourist areas are ok. But the actual city, I would never live there. There are several smaller towns/cities on the outskirts of Galveston that are close that are even worse like Texas City, Hitchcock, and Santa Fe. Granted, no city or town is perfect or without crime, but with the flow of tourists and out of towners through that area and the crime rate, I myself would pass on that area. Padre Island is really nothing like Galveston to be honest.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This. I live on the outskirts of Houston, South of Houston. Galveston is an awesome place to visit for a day or weekend, but I would never live there. The crime rate there is pretty high. The tourist areas are ok. But the actual city, I would never live there. There are several smaller towns/cities on the outskirts of Galveston that are close that are even worse like Texas City, Hitchcock, and Santa Fe. Granted, no city or town is perfect or without crime, but with the flow of tourists and out of towners through that area and the crime rate, I myself would pass on that area. Padre Island is really nothing like Galveston to be honest.
Well atleast you didn’t mention Dickinson as being worse. Lol. I’m from Dickinson. Lol

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey Man! Maybe ask to get this moved to the lounge. Might get more hits/info.

I wanna move south too. But for me it means immigration, finding a job etc. I want nothing to do with my line of work south of the border. I want no part of that lol. So it pretty much stone walls me.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Baytown, Chambers County / 146 corridor.