The radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blako

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, I'm new to posting. Here is what I am wondering. I have a 2008 1500 ram that I have just installed a mygig rhr radio in... I used the lockpick and it has issues that I am working out.. but my main question is, how do I get it to stop saying jeep when I start the truck... It isn't a big deal but would love to see the ram or dodge logo.. any help I can get I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am not sure exactly how it works in 3rd gen, but in 4th gen I believe the radios will eventually recognize the vehicle with a number of on/off cycles with the engine. If no one pops in here you could look at audio thread in 4th gen and maybe private message one or two of the very knowledgeable people that respond a lot in there. To PM, you go to inbox at top of page, then start typing the user name and you will see options start popping up, select the name, give it a title, type your question, and your in your way. Good luck.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Which lockpick harness did you use? For sure the retrofit harness or just just the lockpick? If you have the correct one then it'll figure it out over time. Took a few power cycles before the one I put in my old Charger stopped saying Chrysler lol. FYI because you have a 2008 it will NEVER say Ram, if proper communications are established then it will say Dodge. What issues are you having? I've done this to two vehicles and have never had a problem.