Think I might crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexander122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 ram 1500 5.7 on 33x12.5x20 all around rear tires are newer front need replaced soon being the inner is wearing I gotta rotate front anyway when im on the highway going 80-85-90 and there’s a decent tight curve only when I go left does the right front feel like it’s about to snap from being compressed or loaded it got to the point I had to let off and get on brake or I would have kept going straight even tho I was turned or something would’ve broken I take this turn same speed everyday never had a problem

Last what are wearable items that need replaced and what are the signs such as rotors when they are going bad truck will shake etc etc

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're regularly driving a 6000 lb truck like a racecar and wondering why things are wearing out? I would suggest slowing down for starters. Things will last a lot longer. You're not using your truck in a normal manner so who knows what may need to be replaced. I would suggest taking it in for an alignment. They'll be able to tell you what needs replaced before they can align it if you have worn suspension and steering parts.

OP
OP
A

alexander122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
80k miles bushings are good I’m not sure how to check tie rods tires haven’t been balanced since picking it up at 70k miles shocks aren’t leaking and fronts are really worn but it feels like the truck is wanting to suck down onto the ground and if I don’t let out an slow something is gonna snap

OP
OP
A

alexander122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're regularly driving a 6000 lb truck like a racecar and wondering why things are wearing out? I would suggest slowing down for starters. Things will last a lot longer. You're not using your truck in a normal manner so who knows what may need to be replaced. I would suggest taking it in for an alignment. They'll be able to tell you what needs replaced before they can align it if you have worn suspension and steering parts.
Now why would I do that that’s no fun I have zero issue what so ever replacing **** I just wanna know what might be needing to be replaced that’s part of being a 18 year old with a hemi

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Look at one of the Local Freebie Newspapers
Here in San Diego, we have a local freebie called the Penny Saver
In it, there are COUPONS for Freebie Vehicle Suspension Inspections, Discounted Alignments, etc.

Tires should be Rotated at 6,000 to 10,000 Miles
at that same time, look at Front brake discs, etc.

You are due soon for a Brake Fluid change

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP might want to try finding the period key on his phone.

Is that all? I was thinking something more significant was missing like... O never mind.

I was pretty crazy when I was 15 years old but I was never wreckless enough to put others at risk with my own stupidity but, that was me.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yikes.

Find a buddy, your dad, your buddies dad etc, someone who knows vehicles and have them learn ya a thing or two on what to look out for. If your tires are wearing that badly, it needs aligned. An alignment shop that's worth the name will tell you if anything is worn or wrong before completing the job.

Beyond that, learn how to drive better. Being reckless is not the way to do that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Now why would I do that that’s no fun I have zero issue what so ever replacing **** I just wanna know what might be needing to be replaced that’s part of being a 18 year old with a hemi
Seems like you made this thread just to shake things up. If so then well done. Most of us here work hard to buy our trucks, and can appreciate what we have. I hope you're at least being responsible enough to not drive like that when other people are around. If that's not the case I'm glad I don't live where you "drive". You're a strong argument why kids should have to show a certain level of maturity before being issued a driver's license.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When you are doing 80-85-90, and you have to do a quick evasive move, you will end up killing yourself or someone else, hopefully you realize this sooner rather than later.

There won't be any time to think about it when you are flipping over 17 times.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately where the op is in Toledo on I75 there was a 45mph curve that seemed like no one slowed down for. Seems like I75 thru Ohio is a racetrack. If you are not doing at least 80mph you're getting mowed down by dumba$$es who will not slow down.
That was 5yr ago when I retired. Now I stay on two lane back roads, putting around enjoying life. Driving no faster than the speed limit. I get better gas mileage, tires and other maint parts last longer.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately where the op is in Toledo on I75 there was a 45mph curve that seemed like no one slowed down for. Seems like I75 thru Ohio is a racetrack. If you are not doing at least 80mph you're getting mowed down by dumba$$es who will not slow down.
That was 5yr ago when I retired. Now I stay on two lane back roads, putting around enjoying life. Driving no faster than the speed limit. I get better gas mileage, tires and other maint parts last longer.
And, much better for your sanity!
I retired from trucking, I hate running interstates now. I choose back roads whenever possible.