Third brake light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtdub34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. On my 2012 1500 express my third brake light stopped working. I checked it and the brake light bulb was blown. I replaced it and still have nothing. No cargo lights either. All connections are clean and water free. Wiring looks good. Looked at the wiring diagram and seems to go to a fuse but that was fine. Have read about the BCM but not sure about all that. Checked with a volt meter and does not seem to have any power. Is there anywhere else or switch I need to check? Any little tricks I need to try? Thanks for any help.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check fuse for power.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Even if the fuse looks good they may be bad, Either do a continuity test on the fuse or just try a different fuse !
That is all I can think of good luck and please update what you find ! Thanks

OP
OP
Dtdub34

Dtdub34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have checked fuses and changed out fuses with known working components ones still no luck !

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have checked fuses and changed out fuses with known working components ones still no luck !
Bummer .. Also try a google search . you may get lucky just type in RAM 1500 or ?? third brake light not working or something like that and try You Tube
Worth a shot Good luck

OP
OP
Dtdub34

Dtdub34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I have been there and still looking. I only come here as last resort. I like figuring things out and researching all I can before asking a question. I will let yall know if I get it figured out.

MrTunaCat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
When checking power did you go from Hot Wire to Ground wire ?
If so you could still have a bad ground wire !
Take your meter got from Hot wire to body ground and see if you still have no power ! If you get power then you know a bad ground ! A long shot but a easy test
Good luck

codysphar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I was just curious if anyone ever figured out why there’s no power to the fuse for the 3rd brake light, I have a 2012 Ram 1500 slt, I had tried to put led bulbs in and had noticed the brake light bulb burnt out and when I tried to install the led realized there’s no power at all to the socket so I went to the fuse and checked it, replaced it, and also used a tester on it while installed and found no power to the fuse at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357