Those who have had Linex sprayed after buying their truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Hello,

My 2500 CTD truck is on order and I didn't get the Linex from the factory option. I want a local dealer to do it as it will have the UV protection so it wont fade as my understanding is that the factory option doesn't have this. I wish Ram didn't put the bed rail protectors on from the factory - those that have had Linex sprayed after the fact - did the Linex dealer have to take them off to get the Linex coverage high enough on the bed sides? Any issues with them being damaged if they took them off when they put them back on? I don't want the rails or the paint on the vehicle damaged if they take this off so curious what others who have gotten Linex sprayed after buying the truck have experienced.

Thanks,

Mark

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They did mine just fine. Bed rails were clean. Had one tiny drop on outside of bed they cleaned up. I think they mask them well..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is linex’d and the factory caps are there. They spray the underside of the rails and didn’t remove them, if they’re removed and sprayed the holes would be filled and/partially filled making reinstalling them difficult and they wouldn’t sit right anyway. I wish they didn’t put those caps on from the factory and that the rail wasn’t riddled with holes for them-making us stuck with it. I’d rather linex the rails and top inch or two of the exterior bedside but cant with this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I had mine rhino liner and its holding up very well. I'm really happy with it so far and its been on since last summer. They don' remove the bed caps as if you do they are typically damaged. Rhino or linex are both good. You will be happy

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a work truck that had them removed and had liner sprayed where they where. but yeah there where square holes everywhere.

The should mask to the plastic. I bet you can't wait for your truck to come!

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
Mine is linex’d and the factory caps are there. They spray the underside of the rails and didn’t remove them, if they’re removed and sprayed the holes would be filled and/partially filled making reinstalling them difficult and they wouldn’t sit right anyway. I wish they didn’t put those caps on from the factory and that the rail wasn’t riddled with holes for them-making us stuck with it. I’d rather linex the rails and top inch or two of the exterior bedside but cant with this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this was my experience as well

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Mine was linex'd from the dealer when I picked up my truck. The only issue I had was the the drain plugs don't fit back in the holes. It was a pain in he ass to get them in looking bowed and they kept popping out. So I just threw them away.

I have a tonneau cover that keeps most of the dust and rain out. If I didn't always have canvas folding chairs and a canopy back there it wouldn't matter much. After it rains good (not too often in S. TX) I just have to remember to take everything out to dry out.