Need help with Alfa OBD settings changes I had before dealer reset my system and I lost them.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I had my truck at the dealer the other day to have my radio updated being that Uconnect is having issues with OTA updates and after they got that done, they had to have my radio reset due to the outside air temp on the display for some reason was stuck or froze on the wrong temperature and in doing that, they reset all the changes I had done with Alfa OBD and I can’t remember where all that stuff is to re-enable it.

Of course, the long way of disabling the seatbelt-minder chime and the activation of my DRLs from another dealer wasn’t affected but all the other stuff I did which was the fog light dropout disabled with brights, DRL dropout disabled with turn signals, ability to turn the DRLs on/off from the radio settings screen and the disabling of the weather alerts.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe this will help.

In the future, be sure to make a copy of the program / settings and save it.

Attachments

• AlfaOBD Known Working Settings.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe this will help.

In the future, be sure to make a copy of the program / settings and save it.
What do you mean by that? I’ve heard of making a backup copy before doing anything so that if you mess anything up with a setting, you can easily revert back but how do you make a copy of the settings?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you mean by that? I’ve heard of making a backup copy before doing anything so that if you mess anything up with a setting, you can easily revert back but how do you make a copy of the settings?
In Alfa you can upload your BCM settings to google drive. That has saved me a couple times in the past.
If you didn't make a back up you are going to have to manually make all those changes again.

Page 1 of the mega thread has details about the backup process.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Alfa you can upload your BCM settings to google drive. That has saved me a couple times in the past.
If you didn't make a back up you are going to have to manually make all those changes again.

Page 1 of the mega thread has details about the backup process.
Does it have to be google drive and not just a folder on my desktop?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it have to be google drive and not just a folder on my desktop?
Honestly not sure. I would imagine you can save a backup a few different ways. I haven't played with Alfa for a long time now though so I would have to refresh my memory

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly not sure. I would imagine you can save a backup a few different ways. I haven't played with Alfa for a long time now though so I would have to refresh my memory
Yeah, I wish I woulda done that the first time but truth be told, I wasn’t expecting anything to be reset ever but oh well, it’s not like I had a bunch of stuff enabled.

But for disabling those annoying weather alerts, is this below what I have to disable? I can’t remember. I wanna say it’s not because I still had the ability to use the most of the travel link stuff but no weather alerts.

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm using Windows version as well. You can save setting anywhere you want. Mobile version might be different.

Should always take backup before and after. If the ota worked, it likely would have done the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat