Those with factory interior LED. Did you upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wondering if anybody with factory LED interior lighting has upgraded their bulbs. I have a '15 sport that came with LEDs from the factory but I don't like the color output. I like more of a cool white 6k LED and the factory ones appear to be a 4300k at best.

The dome (rear) light is a SMD LED in a circuit board so you can't just buy an upgraded replacement bulb. Looks like you would have to find one that is compatible with the board, remove the factory LED, and solder the upgraded SMD LED in place. I could probably manage the task but I'm not sure where to even find the right kind of LED to replace it with.

I have yet to remove the housing around the map (front) lights but at a glance they appear to be standard SMD LED bulbs that could be easily upgraded. Problem is once you upgrade the maps the dome would not match unless upgraded as well, and I am way too OCD for that ****.

Anybody have any ideas or experience with this?

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The front map lights are integrated as well.Mine have never worked right in my 15 sport & the dealer says the whole console has to be replaced & is a recall item & out of stock,woohoo.