Thoughts on value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zaroba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7L V8
Not actually selling yet, so don't think this would belong in the sales forum.
But if so, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, I'm a truck driver now so haven't had any use for my 2002 ram 1500 for a while now, it has mostly just sat in the driveway for the past 4 years only being driven a few times a year when I came home for time off, but has been kept up with inspections and current inspection good until August. My brother is about to get his license and doesn't want a big pickup truck so it will be getting sold to buy a smaller car for him.

But, no real clue on how much it would be worth when it comes to selling it privately.
Any experts here want to provide some insight on how much I could get for the truck?

It's quite dirty in the pictures and will be getting cleaned. Heavy rust on the bed fenders, some minor scrapes on the sides, dashboard is cracked from the sun, has dents in the bed from the contractor who owned it prior to me getting it in 2010, the clutch in the rear differential is starting to slip when trying to accelerate uphill while steering, electrical hookup for a trailer is broken, and the air vents can't be changed to floor or defrost. But the engine and trans are in excellent operating condition. Truck has has 155k miles on it and I haven't yet needed an engine or transmission repair.

Automatic transmission, fog lights, and a CB hookup and antennae mount. Never used the 4 wheel drive for offroading, just winter driving before 2016. AC works great, no leaks.

20200220_162642.jpg 20200220_162716.jpg 20200220_162631.jpg 20200220_162653.jpg 20200220_163033.jpg

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tough to say, try looking on your local Craigslist.org and see if there are many similar and what they are bringing.

Inspected, I would think between $1-2k but trucks may bring a bit more. Maybe as much as $3-4 with the right buyer. The 4.7 hurts, the 4 doors helps.
The bed hurts but they can be replaced for under $1000 or so.