Throttle Body Replacment Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarveyGF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi there,

I am having an issue with my 2004 1500 RAM. I had the solid Lightning Bolt appear on the dash with the check engine light. After some internet research I found information suggesting that the throttle body needed replacement. I have now replaced the throttle body with a new OEM part only to find that the Lightning Bolt has remained on but is now flashing and the check engine light is still on.

I have since had my son use a code reader on my truck and it has thrown up two codes P0113 Intake Air Temp Circuit High Input and P0129 Powertrain - which relates to the MAP Sensor.

Has anyone else had these issues? At this stage I am looking at replaceing the IAT and MAP Sensor given the low cost to do so or am I barking up the wrong tree even with the above codes.

Thanks in advance

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look up throttle body relearn, it needs to be done when the TB is replaced. After that, clear your codes and THEN open up the parts cannon on it if you need to.

I recommend downloading a copy of the FSM from the forum (link in my signature). It has most of the answers you will ever need for working on your truck, the rest can be obtained from the helpful folks on these forums.

It may be slightly different for yours, but for my truck -

6. If the throttle body has been changed, the following procedure must be performed:
a. Disconnect negative battery cable from battery. Leave cable disconnected for approximately 90 seconds.
b. Reconnect cable to battery.
c. Turn ignition switch ON, but do not crank engine.
d. Leave ignition switch ON for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will allow PCM to learn throttle body electrical parameters.

Good luck.

DaveInHutto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My throttle body code was created by the oil filter crushing the wire harness. 50 Ohm short to ground, my oil pressure read a little higher than normal, the crankcase position sensor threw a code and the truck died , after replacing that, the CPS, the TB code came up.
There are four devices on the circuit, TB, CPS, APPS, oil pressure switch.
I had to have get a high level diag tool to reset/ relearn the TB.