Throttle lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VIN Decoder - DodgeForum.com

Go to that link and punch in your VIN, will give you all the specifics on your vehicle. thats how i figured out my gear ratio :word:

EDIT: Look under the equipment tab for your gear ratio

I don't know if I'd trust that information. I entered my VIN and it returned all kinds of wrong info.

TJames

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't know if I'd trust that information. I entered my VIN and it returned all kinds of wrong info.

Really? That's weird all my info that pulled up was spot on. Good to know though, probably a good idea for anyone using that decoder to double check the info before modding just to be safe. Thanks!

Crux420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That will reset your oil change interval. No way to adjust throttle response without tuning or part changes. Could try a sprint booster...I have one on my turbo vr6 and it significantly helps the response. I have the car tuned for massive power and boost but the throttle lag still killed me. Sprint booster helped quite a bit but they're pricey. Just my .02

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My dealer loves my mods, but it's only a 3" body lift, rims n tires. He did say though "you put a tuner on and your power train warranty is over"...
He says that some of the bigger cost repairs are approved through Chrysler and that's when it gets sticky.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Isn't there a procedure that involves pushing the pedal to the floor slowly 3 times while the ignition is on but not running to reset the throttle response?
I think that resets the oil change light.

Nelsonholsters

Reaction score
Ram Year
1973 w100
Engine
I have a 05 jeep grand Cherokee with the 5.7 hemi and the lag was getting down right dangerous, put it in low 4 and touched the gas and with the lag when it finally kicked in it gave me whip lash.
I have read and searched everywhere for a fix , from the throttle reset to everything and nothing worked.
Now I paid for and downloaded alfaobd and in the engine section there is Learn ETC,Learn ETC (NGC4)
I ran the procedure and it finally worked and now my jeeps feels like the old cable connected cars.
If you have this lag issue please check this fix out as it did it for me. Been a week now and working great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981