Thuren King steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Installing a new Thuren king steering stabilizer this week. From what I’ve read it should help with road wondering I feel when I get into the grooves in the road. I believe my factory one is worn out and with 35’s it should firm the steering up a bit.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You wondering is likely something else? A worn stabilizer doesn't really create issues per say Also the King could cause a right push as it was design to counter act a left pull created from certain tires (I may have my left/right reversed but you get the gist of it).

I have 150k on my truck with 35's and I'm still on the original stabilizer with no issues.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ive recently had all new ball joints, u-joints, both front hubs, Thuren track bar and shocks and springs up front. All within the last 1k miles. It’s not that it is unbearable but I can feel it track into the grooves and it does like to pull to the left a little even after my alignment. I’m at 117k and figure it’s time to change it out since I’ve already done most things anyway. We will see if it helps.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stock stabilizer works just fine. better than the king even. kings cause it it to pull real bad to passenger side if they have even slightly to much pressure.
probly you have all kinds of other stuff wrong with your truck

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ive recently had all new ball joints, u-joints, both front hubs, Thuren track bar and shocks and springs up front. All within the last 1k miles. It’s not that it is unbearable but I can feel it track into the grooves and it does like to pull to the left a little even after my alignment. I’m at 117k and figure it’s time to change it out since I’ve already done most things anyway. We will see if it helps.

You need to get your alignment checked again. Did they do it to the Thuren specs? A stabilizer is not going to "fix" those issues.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe I came off like I have a huge issue with my steering. If I did it wasn't meant to be that way. My truck isn't feeling like something terribly wrong with it. I'm just getting a new stabilizer to help with the larger, heavier tire that are on it. Yes I have the alignment set to thuren specs and all is well. I know some larger tires can cause a pull so I'm just doing the stabilizer to help with that and with the way it tracks into the grooves of the road. With the reviews I have read about the king it seems the way to go for me. If not I will simply return or sell it. I appreciate the input but I know the oem is not better than a king. I'm sure it is perfectly fine if your running stock size tires and no lift at all. They both have there pros and cons.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i see this all the time and im afraid youve been misguided by the internet. the steering damper or stabilizer as some would call it dampens the lateral movement of the tie rod. like when you hit a pot hole. approach into a driveway. expansion joint. etc.
what it doesnt do is keep the vehicle going straight if the alignments a bit off. or keep the vehicle going straight if the tires are pulling. or keep the vehicle from going to the low side on a crowned road. or keep the vehicle from falling in road grooves.
probly many of us still use a stock damper with 37s and it does fine for what we do. flogging it offroad then sure get a king.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I picked up what you are puttin' down... It should help; the stabilizer did exactly what was written.
Yes sir you would be correct. It’s a noticeable difference

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fancy steering stabilizers are nothing more than bling. A steering stabilizer is just a band aid to cover issues with other parts.
If that new track bar has heims joints, I’d ditch it for one that doesn’t. Heims have a short life before they get play.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I don’t think I’m gonna ditch my track bar but I appreciate the advice. As for the steering stabilizer I think it will stay also it’s more than just bling. I guess time will tell. I can tell you that all of it has made a noticeable difference each time I put a new part on. Im going to venture out and say that some people maybe haven’t tried a good quality part and have only used parts that didn’t work for them. Maybe you have who knows. If you had a good quality stabilizer trust me you would notice a difference or at least I definitely do. And so do many others out there.
But hey if you’re happy with oem or what ever then so be it. Im not here to tell you to go switch out parts. Just don’t knock it til you try it.