Time for some new tires. Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l v8
Hey guys I hope yall are having a good night wherever you are. It's time for me to get some new tires and I would like to know which tires are really worth the money, I have 275 60 20s Goodyear Wrangler SR A. They don't really last that long and I want to get something better than that but around the same price. I'm in Florida and if you know of any place that has a good deal let me know please ! Thanks for the help.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I just put some Cooper Evolution HTs on my 265/70R17 rims to replace the stock Wranglers, and I really like them. Really a nice, quiet, smooth ride, and I like the way they look. In your size they're a little more expensive. I got mine for $702 mounted and out the door at a local independent shop. They are a reasonably priced tire made in America, with majority great reviews. My Wranglers had 30,000 miles and were down to about 3.5 mm of tread.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?message=singleSize&tireMake=Cooper&tireModel=Evolution+H/T&width=275/&ratio=60&diameter=20&cameFrom=selectSize&partnum=76TR0EVHT

Last edited:

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys I hope yall are having a good night wherever you are. It's time for me to get some new tires and I would like to know which tires are really worth the money, I have 275 60 20s Goodyear Wrangler SR A. They don't really last that long and I want to get something better than that but around the same price. I'm in Florida and if you know of any place that has a good deal let me know please ! Thanks for the help.
I’m in the Sam boat. I like the look of all terrain. Like the BFGoodrich k02. And the Goodyear TOYO. Or another all terrain. What will only give me 80000km. 50000 miles. It do I bite the bullet and just get street tires. And not care about what that look like. Boy have 100000 km. 80000mile warrantee. I camp and drive on dirt road a lot pull a trailer a fair bit.

buy the way I am in the great up north.

signed hopeless

Last edited:

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to buy tires for my new wheels I have the goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure and there great tires but I might try the cooper at3 4s they look pretty good also. Anybody have the cooper's ?

Screenshot_20210215-203914_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 237947

Screenshot_20210216-082555_Chrome.jpg

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m in the Sam boat. I like the look of all terrain. Like the BFGoodrich k02. And the Goodyear TOYO. Or another all terrain. What will only give me 80000km. 50000 miles. It do I bite the bullet and just get street tires. And not care about what that look like. Boy have 100000 km. 80000mile warrantee. I camp and drive on dirt road a lot pull a trailer a fair bit.

buy the way I am in the great up north.

signed hopeless

The KO2’s are a good looking tire and they perform well in the snow since they’re blizzard rated.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to buy tires for my new wheels I have the goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure and there great tires but I might try the cooper at3 4s they look pretty good also. Anybody have the cooper's ?

View attachment 237946

I have the Cooper AT3 4S and like them so far. I only have about 4K miles on them though. But they have plenty of grab and are pretty quiet. And the cost was better than similar tires I looked at.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Cooper AT3 4S and like them so far. I only have about 4K miles on them though. But they have plenty of grab and are pretty quiet. And the cost was better than similar tires I looked at.
Do the at3 4s make any noise cause the goodyear all terrain adventure are very quiet

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the at3 4s make any noise cause the goodyear all terrain adventure are very quiet
I have not noticed any more noise than on the stock Goodyear SRA. they are much better in the wet weather though.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6

In my research before I bought my Cooper Evolutions, I found that the zigzag sipes on some of the ATs is what can create more noise, and sometimes uneven tread wear. The Evolution has sipes too, but they're straight.

In case some folks don't know, the sipes are the little slits cut into the tread blocks.

20210216_204925.jpg

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my research before I bought my Cooper Evolutions, I found that the zigzag sipes on some of the ATs is what can create more noise, and sometimes uneven tread wear. The Evolution has sipes too, but they're straight.

In case some folks don't know, the sipes are the little slits cut into the tread blocks.

View attachment 237950
Those look good but I like at3 4s

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
They look good how are they in the snow did you drop a lot of coin for them ?

I've only driven in rain in them and they've done well, not been in the snow yet. I had a local shop that's been in business forever put them on, and it was $702 out the door. I called around to Big O and some other places and they wanted $8 to $900. One interesting thing about these tires is they have sipes in the tire blocks on the side. From what I've read they are actually replacing the Discoverer, which is going to be phased out.

Just realized you were talking about the other tires, but I'll leave my comment up.

martinrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They look good how are they in the snow did you drop a lot of coin for them ?

Ya they’re pretty good In the snow, I’ve noticed they’re quieter too. I think anything would be better then the ****** SRA’s, I paid bout $1400 CAD mounted, balanced and warranty.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya they’re pretty good In the snow, I’ve noticed they’re quieter too. I think anything would be better then the ****** SRA’s, I paid bout $1400 CAD mounted, balanced and warranty.
Yea thats some coin

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What ones did you get. I am really think the K02 And have them shipped to my house 1300 CAD then I need to find a place to install them