Tire and wheel advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moe70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have a 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie with the night edition package that looking to upgrade the tires and wheels. Taking it in next Friday July 2nd to get the Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts put on. Going to set them up at the 1.75" sitting to help put less stress on the UCA and ball joints. Talked to a couple shops around were I live and a couple places on line and got different answers on what would or wouldn't work so looking for some advice on what people are running. Looking at dropping down to a 20" wheel from the 22". Was looking at a Fuel wheel that was 20x10 with -18 offset with a 295/55/r20 tire but was told by a couple places including custom offsets that would cause rubbing and would require trimming (not big on trimming or cutting up a new truck) and was too aggressive of a setup, so they recommended a 20x9 with 0 offset with the same size tire. So looking for some advice from you guys also any opinions on tires would be great, keep going back and forth between Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the Toyo Open Country ATlll.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't speak specifically for a 1500 since I've always had 2500, but the negative 18 offset seems way too aggressive for the 1500. I used custom offsets on my last 2500 and they did a great job. Definitely take their advice. Also, both tire options will be good. I had the Toyo on my last 2500. I didn't keep them terribly long since I traded it with the wheels and tires on the truck. Maybe had 10,000 miles on them and they were wearing great.

OP
OP
Moe70

Moe70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for the reply

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I've not tried https://www.willtheyfit.com/ with truck tires/wheels but i used it alot back when i was into car modification to see how well a wheel/tire combo would fit the vehicle in comparison to the stock configuration. It could help you make a decision on tiresize/wheel offset maybe.

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Toyo Open Country ATIII's on my truck...

I love them... Both off and on road.

MrKelly

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ETorque
I've not tried https://www.willtheyfit.com/ with truck tires/wheels but i used it alot back when i was into car modification to see how well a wheel/tire combo would fit the vehicle in comparison to the stock configuration. It could help you make a decision on tiresize/wheel offset maybe.
Thank you!!!