Tire Pressure and Rotation Ridgegrapplers 315/50R24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey they guy that did the lift on my truck for the first owner told me it does not look like the tires have been rotated. They have more than half the tread left and the look like they have worn pretty even.

the front of course more wear than the rear.

I just bought the truck on Monday and all four tires were 51 psi.

I don’t know if this is a psi the previous owner rode around in or this is just something the dealership set them all to.

But i am curious what others think/recommend.

They are Ridgegrapplers 315/50R24

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Proper tire rotation intervals maximize tire life...and tires aren't cheap! Get as much mileage as you can.

As for tire pressure...you will see multiple numbers:
- Door jam has the factory recommended pressure...for the tires that came on it.
- The tire has a MAX pressure not to exceed on the tire itself.

Unloaded, the current psi in the tires is probably fine. It will provide you a slightly softer ride.

Check them periodically for uneven wear (every couple thousand miles), then adjust if needed.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I will never rotate my tires myself again. I set the torque to 130 like the OEM spec. I can not find anything as it pertains to TIS Offroad wheels that specifies anything.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I will never rotate my tires myself again. I set the torque to 130 like the OEM spec. I can not find anything as it pertains to TIS Offroad wheels that specifies anything.

the thread size dictates torque so that should still be OEM torque. the tire has a max psi of 80, by your profile picture I’m guessing your rolling a 1500. On a 1500 51 psi is probably pretty close to being right, your not as heavy as the HD trucks so you won’t require as much psi. Your best bet is to send a email to nitto asking if they have a chart showing what’s min psi for that tire and what the load carrying capacity is through the psi range.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I am almost 60. I tried the raise the rear on two jacks then do the front one at a time method. I did not really raise the front from the frame because it was too high. So i did it at the A arm. But then the jack handle came off and the jack got under the tire. I thought i would be able to sit on the ground and lift the tire in place. But i could not. So then i just put stuff under the tire to get it adjacent to the studs. Took a minute because i could not use the jack. After i got the first tire done. It was not terrible be cause i got the jack in a better spot. Took 10 mins to do the rear tires.

I might get a rolling tire jack.

I don’t mind paying people to do stuff on the truck but sometimes I rather just do it myself.

Leather seats and Amp step next.