tire pressure left side higher then right,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1st are you using Nitrogen or compressed air? Less changes when Nitrogen is used. also tires will take on heat, front as you turn, mostly low speed turns... you can drive hwy and note the pressures then adjust the cold settings to even them out if you want them to be equal at speed.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had several vehicles that show individual tire psi and like I had previously posted only time they have read different individually after driving is when either camber or t hurst angle (in won't let me say ****** ie th rust lol) ideally a tire psi from stone cold to fully heated will rise 10% ie if cold 40 psi fully heated should be 44psi. mine generally are either spot on or maybe 1psi different never more than 2psi everl.
FD893FFF-5F1E-4D0E-9A10-1D51F04F44E1.jpeg

Jcooper427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most roads have moderate crown so water drains away from the center, depending which side of the road you drive on suspension alignment is figured to make a modest adjustment,
for example coil springs are slightly taller on the right side of left hand drive vehicles
Some steeper than average grade roads have a more severe crown and can cause noticeable uneven tread wear and brake component wear
Calculations in wheel sensor speed and yawl sensor adjustments for stability control can adjust for this without you being aware of the difference in dissimilar braking adjustments for each wheel.

In a vehicle that is out of alignment these adjustments can still occur but not as accurately and can over tax the suspension and braking components causing abnormal wear.

I take my truck to have the wheels dynamically balanced every 8000 to 10,000 miles and this assures that any lost wheel weights are recompensated
That’s pretty funny lmao. No coil springs are not taller on one side compared to the other lol. You buy them in pairs and they’re not marked left or right. HTH.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s pretty funny lmao. No coil springs are not taller on one side compared to the other lol. You buy them in pairs and they’re not marked left or right. HTH.
that has been my experience as well. I have modified probably 30 jeeps with coils and always have been the same side to side. and my PW has the same part numbers side to side.

fWolF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May have more moisture in the higher pressure tires…. Reason why they use nitrogen, has no moisture content

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Sure aftermarket and off road are not going to have side specific springs and there are not instructions for OE parts as if your not certified or tested through an program like ASE the question isn’t even going to cross your mind for example why you replace coil springs in the first place but if you’re buying cheap Chinese parts who cares anyway .. right ?

Last edited:

Doug Boddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good question. I noticed that as well and I treat it like the old warning lights on the older vehicles. The sensors just there to give us the heads up to check it.