Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh boy .... Pretty generic post .... They are gonna ask for details about usage, budget, snow, offroad or mall queen .... Then they are gonna ask if you read any of the 723 tire threads on here, or did any research at all on your own to narrow it down ... Tire rack is a great sight .... And then you are gonna get 122 opinions about 27 different brands ... Like I always say, would you let us pick your wife ? Then why would you let us pick your tires ? Good luck ... You might learn something in the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's a matter of preference just like oil. Plenty of good ones out there.

I've had All Terrain KOs and now Discoverer AT3 4S. The later are less noisy and have equal traction to the KO2 for less money, just keep in mind they don't have as tough of a sidewall. For more plies, the AT3 XLT are a better bet.
Both should last about 60K miles.

Sent from OnePlus 7 PRO using Tapatalk

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
not a 1500 but i like the cooper ST Maxx, 3 ply sidewalls, ride good and decent mileage out of them. 1 of the dozens of good tires out there.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Along the lines of what @BOWERSFJ said

I think the best tire is whatever the best tire shop in your area sells that fits your budget and performance needs.

I say this because I have purchased really good tires (according to forums) from some of the discount places, that don't know how to mount and balance properly. I have also purchased average tires from a really good tire shop that knows what they are doing. The average tires performed and rode better because they were properly installed. Find the best tire shop in your area and talk to them to find what is in your budget and fits the type of driving you will be doing. Ask if they offer free rotate and balance. That can save you a lot of time and money over the life of the tire.

Everyone's opinion on tires or brand is based on personal experience with the tires and a lot of that has to do with the shop you buy them from. They also tend to promote whatever tire they are currently running ( i have done this myself).

Good Luck!

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In no particular order here is a good start:
Bfg KO2
Goodyear Duratrac/ultra terrains
Cooper at3 xlt
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
General A/TX

As others have said what’s best of this list depends on your needs.

Tire rack has wonderful reviews and ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just going to sound like an echo of what everyone has already said. The one thing I'd like to add is; give your local shops a try before you order online. My local dealer beat the internet prices for my Coopers mounted and balanced.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i like the cooper ST Maxx, 3 ply sidewalls, ride good and decent mileage out of them. 1 of the dozens of good tires out there.

I had those for a while and they were about indestructible, great traction even on ice which surprised me but damn they were noisy for an all terrain.

It seems people have different experiences with the noise and if someone says they're silent I have to believe them but that wasn't my experience at all. Here's a video I made about it

After I used those up I switched to Continental TerrainContact which have proven to be excellent for my particular use. I believe they're made in Ohio so they keep a few Americans working too (as do Coopers)

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know man. Now days i go for the ones i like that keep my wallet happy. What's best for me may be a totally opposed definition of best for you.
One way to look at it if you will, Keep your eyes open for what modded rigs are running where you live. You'll start to see a pattern for sure of what people like and run.

Here in Socal we revolve around BFG KO2s, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Toyo AT's and Falken AT3W when it comes to AT tires. I pay attention to what people run when i'm out on the offroad trails so my specific needs may also be different than yours. I want tires that can survive trail abuse, that leaves highway tires and all season tires out of the selection. Then i look into things with 3 ply sidewalls, then AT or MT, then price. Easy peasy. i don't get bored of my tires cause it seems i get new ones every 12-15k miles. lol.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had those for a while and they were about indestructible, great traction even on ice which surprised me but damn they were noisy for an all terrain.

It seems people have different experiences with the noise and if someone says they're silent I have to believe them but that wasn't my experience at all. Here's a video I made about it

After I used those up I switched to Continental TerrainContact which have proven to be excellent for my particular use. I believe they're made in Ohio so they keep a few Americans working too (as do Coopers)
Actually made in Illinois or S Carolina depending on particular size, etc. Just put terrain contact HTs on my wife's Yukon and she loves them. Anything is better than the worn out all terrains that were on it previously. Hers were made in A Carolina, but I know a lot come out of My.Vernon IL too. Back to original post though, pick what suits you your usage and budget.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Might as well as who makes the best chili, or pizza.

Clever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Falken wildpeak at3

I currently have these on, had the tires since Feb 2017, I live in Calgary, Canada and we get extremely cold weather and these tires did not disappoint in snow, during the warmer seasons they were great on the highway, quiet and comfortable. I currently have a total of about 70,000 Km’s on my tires, and they are now quite noisy on the highway, my rear tires are more worn. Keep in mind in 3 years and 7 months these tires could’ve been rotated more often than they have, I am now in the market for new tires and will probably get another set of the Falken’s.

Last edited:

Dolfan1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with Pro Comp AT Sports, as I tow a trailer and do since I live in small town Texas far more highway driving...replacing the Toyo Open Country on my 2016 Rebel. The Toyos are very good tires, got a ton of miles out of them and surprised me with how good they were in the snow (CO 2019). I did not like the way they handled in the rain, the back end seemed to love to break traction a lot.

The Pro Comps are one month old, super quiet on the road, tire load capacity is increased and look look darn good. Had them a month, still waiting on it to rain in my part of Texas.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too many great options out there, I have had ko2 s and recently went with the falkens wildpeak because of the great reviews on this forum and people I know who vouch for their snow performance, my truck is my daily and I live in the snow belt I do some light offroading on weekends sometimes and wanted something not too loud on the highway but capable in any weather these fit the bill perfectly for me. Like many have said a lot depends on your specific usage.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oh boy .... Pretty generic post .... They are gonna ask for details about usage, budget, snow, offroad or mall queen .... Then they are gonna ask if you read any of the 723 tire threads on here, or did any research at all on your own to narrow it down ... Tire rack is a great sight .... And then you are gonna get 122 opinions about 27 different brands ... Like I always say, would you let us pick your wife ? Then why would you let us pick your tires ? Good luck ... You might learn something in the process.

The best answer ever! It should be saved and have a fill-in-the-blank form added relating to oil, filters and bed liners.

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Speaking from personal experience, when we were living on a dirt road in Arizona I really liked the KO2's on my 2012 1500. Very good tire and not too much noise. Here in Oregon we don't even see dirt roads anymore so when the KO2's needed replacing I had Michelin LTX AT2's put on and they are a great tire too. Not as aggressive as KO2's but still all season.