Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichJones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with a 4 inch lift, in just 40000km I have already gone through 2 sets of BFG AT tires...any suggestions on a better tire, been looking at the Goodyear Duratracs..any comments on these or if there are any other suggested brands...I would love to hear about it..my tire size is 325-R65-18
Thanks

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Toyo Open Country AT2... Love mine. And since you have a lift, get the extreme model. Little beefier look with the good AT performance. I have been super pleased with mine so far. Or look into the Toyo Open Country RT. Heard good things about them as well.

OP
OP
M

MichJones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should probably also mention they were rotated every oil change and pretty much no highway driving, use it to tow our sleds and atvs to the cottage and some offr..oading at times, but mostly a family vehicle, love the look of the tire and I have the same ones on my lifted xterra, but they don't cut it on the dodge

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Toyo Open Country AT2... Love mine. And since you have a lift, get the extreme model. Little beefier look with the good AT performance. I have been super pleased with mine so far. Or look into the Toyo Open Country RT. Heard good things about them as well.

I have the Toyo R/T's and couldn't be more happier with them thus far. I know the AT2's are good too as I will be putting a set on my wife's Jeep soon. Highly recommended!

Adam

Clemzexp6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the cooper St maxx and love them, great wear so far and are great in the snow and dirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nitto Terra Grapplers. Keep them rotated every oil change, and they'll last ya 50k +......assuming everything is good on the front end.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if my math is right, you've burned up 2 sets of tires in less than 25k miles?!

I have no idea what the roads are like up there or how heavy your right foot is but something sounds off. My crappy stock goodyears made it to 24k miles and I was trying to burn those tires off..........

I have a 4" lift aswell and right now have a little over 16k on my BFG KO2's and they are not even 1/2 worn yet.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I ran BFG AT's but I always had good luck with them. My '05 CTD came with OEM BFGs and they would have gone 50K, but ball joint took the tires out before I realized what was going on. Something is not right if you are burning them up like that.

OP
OP
M

MichJones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how many miles did you get out of the BFG's?

83000 km 0n my truck only have my BFG on half of the year and this is my second set. And my winter tires are still good, half worn.( goodyear wangler territory).

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I don't know how you're going through those tires that fast. My dad religiously used BFG All Terrain t/a ko tires on his 03' 2500, and would routinely get 80k+ miles out of each set.