Today was a good day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've been searching for a used cap for my truck for six weeks and haven't had any luck. Yesterday I decided that I was done looking and just needed to bite the bullet and order one. I got up this morning and drove across town to place the order for an ARE V Series for my RCSB. When I pulled into the lot I noticed a rack with 8 different caps on it, one of them a black ARE. I didn't look too long, just told myself "don't bother getting your hopes up".

I went inside and started talking with the guys and told them what I was after. One of them says "I think I've got one outside that'll work", a few minutes later he confirmed it and I couldn't believe it. I had already accepted that I was going to wait a month but there it was. I wasn't going to buy anything fancy, just the base model. This one has fold out side windows, a sliding/fold in front window and and the luggage rack tracks up top. Ended up costing me $150 more than I would have spent but I figured the added features and lack of wait was more than worth it.

Wic4DaDh.png

Came home, walked in the door and my wife tells me UPS stopped by and the delivery guy was nice enough to stack my new wheels in the garage. I ordered them from Custom Offsets four days ago and the receipt email said to expect 10-15 days for delivery.

xFZh6Qth.png

35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers will be ordered Monday and I'll be done spending big chunks of change on her for awhile. I was supposed to be out of town on a business trip this weekend, glad it got cancelled!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang you did have a great day, that cap looks nice. Cant wait to see it with the new wheels/tires, are those fuel wheels 18" too?

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Dang you did have a great day, that cap looks nice. Cant wait to see it with the new wheels/tires, are those fuel wheels 18" too?

No, these are 20's. Looks like I'll be adding a rear spacer too, she's sagging just a bit too much as it sits.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great with the cap. Kind of looks like an old ramcharger.

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I've been searching for a used cap for my truck for six weeks and haven't had any luck. Yesterday I decided that I was done looking and just needed to bite the bullet and order one. I got up this morning and drove across town to place the order for an ARE V Series for my RCSB. When I pulled into the lot I noticed a rack with 8 different caps on it, one of them a black ARE. I didn't look too long, just told myself "don't bother getting your hopes up".

I went inside and started talking with the guys and told them what I was after. One of them says "I think I've got one outside that'll work", a few minutes later he confirmed it and I couldn't believe it. I had already accepted that I was going to wait a month but there it was. I wasn't going to buy anything fancy, just the base model. This one has fold out side windows, a sliding/fold in front window and and the luggage rack tracks up top. Ended up costing me $150 more than I would have spent but I figured the added features and lack of wait was more than worth it.

Wic4DaDh.png

Came home, walked in the door and my wife tells me UPS stopped by and the delivery guy was nice enough to stack my new wheels in the garage. I ordered them from Custom Offsets four days ago and the receipt email said to expect 10-15 days for delivery.

xFZh6Qth.png

35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers will be ordered Monday and I'll be done spending big chunks of change on her for awhile. I was supposed to be out of town on a business trip this weekend, glad it got cancelled!
Man that cap really sets it off. Looks[emoji49]

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very new looking cap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thanks fellas, she's coming together just how I'd envisioned. I wanted a bit more lift but I think she's gonna stay where she is.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Love the cap! Truck kinda looks like a ram charger now!

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks awesome!

I'm not a big fan of the RCSB trucks. They always looked a bit comical to me.
Out of proportion somehow, like a kids toy, just in full size. Sorry, can't explain it any better.
Same goes for the toppers. I always found they destroyed the lines of our pick-up trucks.

But that one - Just perfect! Actually the first RAM with a topper I really like!
Well done, Sir!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks awesome!

I'm not a big fan of the RCSB trucks. They always looked a bit comical to me.
Out of proportion somehow, like a kids toy, just in full size. Sorry, can't explain it any better.
Same goes for the toppers. I always found they destroyed the lines of our pick-up trucks.

But that one - Just perfect! Actually the first RAM with a topper I really like!
Well done, Sir!
I feel the same way about toppers... I think they are so ugly and ruin trucks. Just buy a suv or suburban lol.

But as for your feelings about RCSB rams.... I believe they look out of proportion when lifted. They look so dumb. But when stock height or lowered they look amazing. The only trucks that should be lifted are crew/Quad cabs.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
And some people wouldn't be caught dead in a lowered truck

:puke:

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
How for the cap total and how much for install! I love it. Thanks.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well folks this is THE forum and we all have our likes and dislikes lol. The great part is that we are all Ram owners and that's a bond that no matter what we all share. :)