Tonneau Cover Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am 75% sure I want a leer 550 tonneau with a black headliner, the other 25% is a bak rollbak.. do any of y'all run either? if so can you give a review/opinion on it and post a picture id be tremendously appreciative! :popcorn:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i'm interested to see some good pics of the bak rollbak

PTCTreeGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none, why can't
Engine
these be blank
I wish they made that for the RamBox beds, but I'll go with the Roll-X since they make one now.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Reach out to Andy at GotExhaust before you decide........

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ran one and wished I had bought a soft top instead they are great but when you need open bed. Not easy to remove by yourself. On my tradesman I now have a access lite right

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have extang trifecta. I think it's best bang for the buck.

OP
OP
southfloridaram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so I went to my local leer tonneau distributor today, and I decided on the 550 with a black headliner, and a black bedrug all to match my truck! im excited, now I just need uncle sam to give me my tax money back :nono:

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the pace edwards jack rabbit. I love it. Virtually the same thing. I can take some pics in a few days. I'm married to a dump truck for the next few days thanks to the northeasts' weather. Only complaint is i had to make a wheel chock on board because i could'nt tie down my bike directly into the container the cover rolls into. If i were to do it again, my friend at work has a backflip... That completely clears the bed for use.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I got the Icon from tonneau cover world, fast shipping and a great price. Their customer service is always there to answer any question too.
My icon is a roll up with dual tensioning rods and fits 1/2 above my bed, but it really looks even with the top of my bed, looks really good. $270

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Between the two you mentioned, I'd take the Leer. The Rollbak is not like other retractable covers (including the Pace Edwards). The Rollbak has a bulb seal that sets against the inside of the tailgate. That is not a good design. Other retractable covers go over the tailgate.
Other retractable covers: Retrax, TruckCoversUSA, Pace Edwards, RollNLock. Which one is best? I'd say either TruckCoversUSA or RetraxPro, but both are pretty expensive.

If you want a cover that's painted to match your truck, take a look at the Undercover LUX. It's lightweight (about 58 pounds) and is made to be easily removable.

OP
OP
southfloridaram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Between the two you mentioned, I'd take the Leer. The Rollbak is not like other retractable covers (including the Pace Edwards). The Rollbak has a bulb seal that sets against the inside of the tailgate. That is not a good design. Other retractable covers go over the tailgate.
Other retractable covers: Retrax, TruckCoversUSA, Pace Edwards, RollNLock. Which one is best? I'd say either TruckCoversUSA or RetraxPro, but both are pretty expensive.

If you want a cover that's painted to match your truck, take a look at the Undercover LUX. It's lightweight (about 58 pounds) and is made to be easily removable.
thanks, ill have to check it out :ehcapt: does anyone know of a painted tonneau that has a raised rear lip, kinda like a ducktail spoiler if you know what im saying

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
does anyone know of a painted tonneau that has a raised rear lip, kinda like a ducktail spoiler if you know what im saying

******* Speedster and to a lesser extent, the Undercover LUX.