Top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have to kinda smile. Back in the 80s and 90s, the SUPERCAR makers ( Ferrari/Lambo/etc. ) were all trying to hit the magical 200MPH. They were getting close, but no cigar. Now, you can get a Cadillac with a back seat that hits that mark. This video is 11 years old

I remember in the late 80's I think the F40 was street legal and could hit 200mph.

George N

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 RAM Sport get up to 111 mph and I assume it has the stock limiter. My 2010 Challenger R/T has taken me up go 122, but because I ran out of safe road. Both obviously have HEMIs. Challenger is a Tremec manual. How easy would it be to remove the limiter program on my RAM?

Attachments

• 2020-11-10 17.01.54.jpg
    2020-11-10 17.01.54.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I had the 2015 pw on 35s up to 145 kms on the road from cadomin Ab to Hinton Ab at 2am the missus never said anything because she was busy having a heart attack. The truck said it was going to shift to 4 by 4 and the gps was yelling at me it doesn’t like it when I go more than 30 kms over the limit. I was very nervous about meeting a moose or an elk at that speed. That area is right on the edge of jasper national park. She is ok but I think that is the fastest and longest I have ever pushed my truck

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I had my camper taken down and packed away in record time in the dark to

Attachments

• IMG_0918.png
    IMG_0918.png
    599.6 KB · Views: 8

David Oakes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I-6 HO
I had an 87 z28 with the 4 barrel carb that I took with me on posting to Baden-Soellingen Germany. Swapped out the north american speedo (max 160 kmh) for a euro version (240 kmh?)

I used to regularly cruise up to the US AFB in Frankfurt Am Main. The longest unlimited speed zone allowed me to hit 110 mph fairly quickly, but it usually took most of the rest of the zone for the next 10 mph thanks to my north american gearing.

I never found an unlimited zone long enough to get all the way up to the speedometer's max speed, top gear used to inch up maybe 5 mph per 5 or 10 kms after 110 mph, but since it didn't have abs brakes, I really wasn't disappointed. Always wished that I had the money back then to swap for the euro transmission with better speed gearing.

And I was never envious of the ferraris and lambos that would constantly whip past me, just to have to pull off for fuel at the next stop.

These days I'm pretty sure that I would never try those speeds again. 90 mph is good enough for me in a pinch.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
The one car that still has great memories for me and I was just along for the ride was
a new 1957 Studebaker Gold Hawk
That is the first car that I was in that would lift the front end and by the time you said O sh** the speed was pinned. Small motor 279 I think with a blower.
I was still driving my 47 chev so it was quite a difference. Later I had a 64 Stud. Daytona, same motor , but no blower, coupe with 4 sp and wife did not really like it
Come to think of it I had a Daytona truck as well, lime green. 70/71?

David O , one of my Son in law's father was stationed in Germany in I presume the 1980's and sol learned to drive on open freeways

Last edited:

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Fastest I have ever been on 2 wheels 240 kms so about 140mhp that was on my Honda 750-4 super sport tach and speedo pegged. The bike had a header and no baffles so I would ride the road one way at sane speed to check for deer then open it up on the way back. That thing was loud so I would push it down the street before I started it because the neighbors would complain

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I have been over 160 mph in 2 cars. One was a 69 Roadrunner with a 750 hp 426 Hemi. It didn't feel good at all. The other was my brother's 66 Olds Toronto that had the 425 replaced with a massaged 455 W30. That one wanted to go faster. The speedometer in that one was a cylinder. After it topped out at 130, it just kept going. It was setting on 30mph, but the telephone poles were blurred. I am lucky to have made it to 73. I have been to 125 on a motorcycle twice. I am quite satisfied with my V6 RAM and it's 106mph.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Funny how as you get older seeing how fast you can get your truck going loses its shine. Now I want comfort and utility I have come close to death many times and now that it’s starring me in the face I am not so cavalier about shaking hands with the grim reaper

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My 2013 RAM Sport get up to 111 mph and I assume it has the stock limiter. My 2010 Challenger R/T has taken me up go 122, but because I ran out of safe road. Both obviously have HEMIs. Challenger is a Tremec manual. How easy would it be to remove the limiter program on my RAM?
Any tuner will work on your 13 if you have the 6 speed transmission,including a Diablo handheld,but if you have the 8 speed,the only one with the capability of tuning your 2013's 8 speed transmission is HP

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Funny how as you get older seeing how fast you can get your truck going loses its shine. Now I want comfort and utility I have come close to death many times and now that it’s starring me in the face I am not so cavalier about shaking hands with the grim reaper
At 63,i still have to find out the top speed of a toy at least "once",it'll bother me till i do,lol.
Beauty of some Alberta roads at 5:30am on a Sunday morning in June,it's broad daylight by then with no traffic or mounties :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

CaptCurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they still do factory speed limiters? Top speed runs on a quad cab with 35's doesn't seem like a good idea, hence the reason I ask. :driver:
I have an all stock 09 quad cab, 5.7 w/ 3.92s and it shuts itself down at 113-115mph.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The stock limiter kicks in at 105/106 mph,if your truck goes faster then that,somethings *****'d .

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
At 63,i still have to find out the top speed of a toy at least "once",it'll bother me till i do,lol.
Beauty of some Alberta roads at 5:30am on a Sunday morning in June,it's broad daylight by then with no traffic or mounties :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

Wow, For some reason I thought you were much younger.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wow, For some reason I thought you were much younger.
Mind thinks i am,but body doesn't agree with the mind,and if you ask my wife of 39 years,she'll probably tell you,i haven't grown up :Big Laugh: :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Only problem is deer don’t sleep in
By June the salts gone off the roads,and they usually aren't hanging around pavement surfaces for the heat. Early in the spring,and later in the fall,animals hang around the pavement for the heat it'll radiate,but by the middle of June they're off in the fields at sun-up

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stock limiter kicks in at 105/106 mph,if your truck goes faster then that,somethings *****'d .

Does that hold true if you have a bigger tire and never recalibrated?...mine are bigger and charts show mine off at 65mph little over 4mph faster...course it gets higher the faster I go...I've had mine reading 102mph..havent checked charts at that speed to see what is though.

Mind thinks i am,but body doesn't agree with the mind,and if you ask my wife of 39 years,she'll probably tell you,i haven't grown up :Big Laugh: :Big Laugh:

So true on that statement..all kinda of stuff aches and hurts and I'm not even 60...mind still says teenager.. body isn't having any of that kind of thinking...lol
Wife will definitely tell you..yep he's just a kid in an old man's body...lol

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Does that hold true if you have a bigger tire and never recalibrated?...mine are bigger and charts show mine off at 65mph little over 4mph faster...course it gets higher the faster I go...I've had mine reading 102mph..havent checked charts at that speed to see what is though.

So true on that statement..all kinda of stuff aches and hurts and I'm not even 60...mind still says teenager.. body isn't having any of that kind of thinking...lol
Wife will definitely tell you..yep he's just a kid in an old man's body...lol
If you haven't recalibrated the speedo for bigger tires,it'll go slightly faster,but it won't show on the speedo. The speedo reads off the rear wheel sensors,and the only thing that will affect the speedometer,is bigger tires,as it'll read slower then what the trucks actually doing.But if you have enough power to pull the bigger tires,once the speedometer starts reading 105/106 mph,the limiter will kick in,so whatever percentage bigger your tires are,that'll be the speed it'll hit.But it won't show on the speedometer,but on a phone with a GPS tracker it will.