TOPCOAT PRODUCTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbaer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eTorque VVT, 3.6L
I've been using McGuiars and Turtle for many years and was happy with them but now I'm looking to take my new RAM to the next level ... I've been looking over the products from TopCoat and was wondering if I can get your views on their products. I apologize if this question was asked already but new to the forum. If it was asked could you point me in the proper feed or posts .. Thanks and once again sorry if this is a repeat question.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Over on the detail forums (the detailing hobby) where pretty much every product has been used by someone there, Topcoat didn't get alot of attention. It was kinda brushed aside. The quote I noticed was "a $10 product in a $60 package".
The detail world has gotten huge. The one thing people overlook is that even the on the shelf at your local store products are still great products. Alot of the detail crowd has moved to coatings (ceramic) but there are still great waxes/sealants. If you don't wanna jump into coatings, and liked Meguiar's and Turtle Wax products, keep using them. It's not like some of the ordered brands are leagues better, the Megs, Turtle Wax, etc are good stuff, and if you enjoyed them, keep using them.
If you would like to step into coatings, check out Gyeon, Cancoat gets alot of love from the detail crowd as a gateway to coatings, but more user friendly.

But keep the stuff your using in mind. I just had a converstaion recently about Megs Ultimate Wax, it really is a great product. New formula, easy on/off, great deep shine, and good durability. And easy to top up with quick coats of Ultimate Quick Wax (spray) after washes to keep to stout.
They also have their Ceramic lineup, all really good products as well. Throw a coat of Hybrid Ceramic Liquid wax down, and keep it fresh washing with Hybrid Ceramic Wash&Wax and toppimg with Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax and Ceramic Detailer.

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
Klasse All-In-One Polish. look into it.

no clue about "Topcoat". FWIW if you're looking into "coatings" check out SONAX's website. recently I saw they have some new products along those lines and I'd 100% trust their stuff.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my Charger HC I use Opticoat products. I really like their no rinse wash since I wash the car out of the sun in the garage. Never tried Topcoat, sorry.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Undrdog for a protective coating unless you truly know how to maintain a true ceramic coating. I have seen Modesta coatings fail after only a few years due to people just simply not knowing how to take care of them. Undrdog is amazing. It is 3-10 year coating depending on how you take care of it. Its also only about 100 bucks. I personally am testing it on my wifes jeep and I am testing Koch Chemie C0.02 on my ram. If you are just wanting a sprayable hydrophobic liquid. Undrdog QD+ is some amazing stuff. Some other really great options are Clutch by shine supply, Hydro02 by car pro, or S0.02 by Koch Chemie.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is Undrdog on my Wifes Jeep. I will say this about it, it stays a lot cleaner vs a true ceramic. Dust does not tend to stick as easily vs a ceramic. You can also put it on the black trim, do your interior, etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.45.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.45.03 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.45.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 10.45.16 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4