Torq specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Under torqued, loose hardware and noise in the form of rattles and squeaks. Over torqued can increase wear on contact surfaces and bushings.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don't have a torque wrench and aren't able to borrow one, tight is tight, send it! But if possible it is of course always recommended to torque to spec, though it can be a real pain to track down the right torque number sometimes. This list is mostly accurate, although some things such as the axle nut number, are way off (correct axle nut torque is 180ftlbs if I recall correctly): https://www.ramforum.com/threads/chassis-torque-specs.92967/

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wrench it down and hope for the best?
If I don't know or can't get the correct torque spec I need, what I do is before taking the old part off, I mark the nut and some stationary part on the truck with some white touch-up paint. Then I back the nut off some, and using a torque wrench, wrench the nut to the reference line that I made noting the torque value. If you are doing the nuts on top of a strut tower, doing this three times for the three different nuts should give you a consistent number. Using this value will at least give you some reference point.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
All reassembled fasteners or Just a couple?

Fastener size and ID markings usual dictate torque values

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just get them tight ...but not too tight. Don't overtighten the smaller bolts/nuts (obviously). Use a blue thread-locker on the threads if you are unsure of your work.

:D