Torque specs transmission filter/pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
anyone know the torque specs for the ZF8 filter/cover. For the flat head bolts that actually hold it to the tranny housing?

I can’t seem to find an exact answer.

BarbersBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

BarbersBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I scrolled to the end and found a reference to an aluminum and steel transmission pan. Are these available?
PPE makes a heavy duty aluminium pan that holds roughly 1.5 litres more fluid,and has a replacable filter.I have one on my 8HP70,and like it.If you have the stock Y pipe,you might have to have a muffler shop tweak it slightly for clearance around the pan though.

https://www.xtremediesel.com/ppe-zf-8hp70-heavy-duty-aluminum-transmission-pan

Yes, I've seen that before. The ZF page implied (to me) that there was an OEM pan somewhere. That the aluminum pan has only one magnet concerns me some. Will have to do some more research.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I scrolled to the end and found a reference to an aluminum and steel transmission pan. Are these available?
PPE makes a heavy duty aluminium pan that holds roughly 1.5 litres more fluid,and has a replacable filter.I have one on my 8HP70,and like it.If you have the stock Y pipe,you might have to have a muffler shop tweak it slightly for clearance around the pan though.

https://www.xtremediesel.com/ppe-zf-8hp70-heavy-duty-aluminum-transmission-pan

Yes, I've seen that before. The ZF page implied (to me) that there was an OEM pan somewhere. That the aluminum pan has only one magnet concerns me some. Will have to do some more research.

I wouldn't worry to much about the 1 magnet,as it's a neo magnet which is noticeably stronger then the oem magnets.if it really worries you,you could always JB Weld another neo magnet into the pan,but I think the magnet being the drain plug is probably more then enough,if it doesn't collect everything,you're probably due for a tranny,lol.Maybe the ZF in other manufactures use a different pan,i've never looked at one in a Rolls or BMW,but as far as I know the FCA versions are all composite pans,i know the pan on my wifes A8 Challenger is the same pan as my truck has.The PPE pan is a very robust pan ie: heavy duty and is noticeably heavier then the stock pan

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry for the delay I’ve been away.

I clicked the ZF8 link and it’s a dead page?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You guys are right it doesn't appear to be there anymore. I copied the torque specs off it ,and they're posted above.The basic torque pattern is an ever widening circle,starting at the middle bolts.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys are right it doesn't appear to be there anymore. I copied the torque specs off it ,and they're posted above.The basic torque pattern is an ever widening circle,starting at the middle bolts.

Thank you