Total noob needs help w stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just got my first Ram, past three trucks have been Fords but no more. This thing is amazing. Only problem is the stereo. I wasn't satisfied w the Alpine system so I replaced the speakers w Infinitys. 2 3.5s in the dash (I removed the center speaker for now, may revisit that later) and 3 way 6x9s in the doors.

I didn't do enough research and didn't realize the front door speakers were only woofers, so the 3 ways in there now are kind of a waste. Duh on me.

The Infinitys sound much better, but not as good as I'd like.

I want to add an amp w some sort of eq function and a sub. The stock sub ain't cutting it. Not looking to rattle license plates or draw attention to myself, just want to feel some bass.

What with the stock amp and the ANC and where/how do the fronts cross over and which harness do I get to bypass the ANC and splicing speaker wires from the new amp back into the original harness and all the other stuff, I'm confused as hell. Can anyone recommend a definitive how to video or site that can tell me what parts I need and what to do?

And is anyone running 3 way 6x9's full range in their front doors? Is there too much mid/high end up front that way?

Thanks in advance for any advice!